Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Turbo manifold question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maaco sucks unless u do the prep work yourself, all im doing is sanding down the clear coat and painting it red again but it'll be a brighter red, pearl red its called
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry...

Originally Posted by subbie racer
maaco sucks unless u do the prep work yourself, all im doing is sanding down the clear coat and painting it red again but it'll be a brighter red, pearl red its called
Don't mean to steal your thread like this, lol, but if you sand everything down and take it to maaco is that a decent paint job? I know they just paint right on top. But, do you mean by prep I need to even tape everything off (remove grill, headlights, etc?) or just the sanding?

Also...I saw that you're going to rock the turbo soon enough, I'm in the process myself, just getting the parts together. The best manifold deal I've seen is speedcorps who custom makes one, but I haven't gotten mine yet to see the quality....should be here today though!!! I'll get pics of mine up so people can see it.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:33 AM

yep just sand it down and bring it to them, they will mask everything off, they normally go right over it which comes flakes faster, but im painting it myself like i did with my old car but this time im using real paint and not painting it outside