Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVqURki98KQ

-my buddy hookin it up to get towed to my house after the oil feed line burst

Today was an intersesting day....so turbo is on and all is good. My buddy flips his spec-v earlyer, completly totalled, then the oil feed line got a small hole in it from hitting the manifold wich threw oil all over and caught fire...i was able to put it out and the car is running sweet again :-) So aside from the small engine fire everything is good!! one question for you boosted guys tho.. when i let off the throttle, even not in boost, the car runs way lean...like the wide band wont even read it..it does the
"---" thing on the gauge, then when i apply throttle again it reads, is this normal? At idle its about 14.4-15.2 and while crusing anywhere from 11.5-15.1 depending on the load etc. In boost it reads 12.3-13.4 so i have some tuning to do

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

anytime u let off the gas it reads way lean untill u go into neutral or give it gas again
Old Sep 12, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup whenever you decel or let up to shift the ecu will cut the fuel
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats man I remember when I first drove mine home
Old Sep 13, 2010, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome man!! congrats
if you dont get that other stuff soon, ill mail it out personally for you...ill be home in a couple weeks...tread lightly till then!!

turbo'd my lancer [X]
tour in iraq [X]
take over the world [in progress]

lemme know if you got any other questions or concerns
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sawulkn
awesome man!! congrats
if you dont get that other stuff soon, ill mail it out personally for you...ill be home in a couple weeks...tread lightly till then!!

turbo'd my lancer [X]
tour in iraq [X]
take over the world [in progress]

lemme know if you got any other questions or concerns
Thanks man!!! Deff goin to need that boost controller soon and the injector clips Right now i can only hit 3 psi, so i think i must have a boost leak somewhere! Ill lay lightly on the pedal tho, dont want any probs with the motor, even tho boost is so addicting

Originally Posted by steven121
Congrats man I remember when I first drove mine home
Its awesome having this done!! Its really just so addicting i wanna drive everywhere, the car just sounds different even at an idle, its sweet!

Originally Posted by zulu989
anytime u let off the gas it reads way lean untill u go into neutral or give it gas again
Thats what i was thinking, i just didnt have the wideband installed before the turbo set up so i couldnt compare if that was normal or not, but if it is thats good!

Originally Posted by 03lances
Yup whenever you decel or let up to shift the ecu will cut the fuel
Yeah, well i hav an auto trans, so i can really put it in neutral or anything, but if its normal thats fine then! Just have to work on tuning so the wideband reads more richer when in boost, and im only getting to 3 PSI, so i must have a leak somewhere in the system.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Hey guys got some questions!

Ok, i got the 5-10 Spring rite now, im only hitting 3 LBS of boost no higher.

Would any of these things cause it not to reach the full 5? Is the wastegate spring adjustable?

-On the evo intake, the nipple that is suppost to connect to the valve cover i have unplugged
-On the evo8 BOV i only have the vac line zip-tied on (i dont want to snap the plastic nipple with a clamp!)
-I have the vac from the forge WGA connected to the evo 8 j-pipe
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02

Would any of these things cause it not to reach the full 5? Is the wastegate spring adjustable?

-On the evo intake, the nipple that is suppost to connect to the valve cover i have unplugged
-On the evo8 BOV i only have the vac line zip-tied on (i dont want to snap the plastic nipple with a clamp!)
that would cause it. that is a boost/vacuum leak post maf.

and technically you would hit about 4.5 psi of boost until you mess with the w/g (not totally sure how this adjustable one works). i dont deal much with internal gates, i think they suck personally...

josh
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
that would cause it. that is a boost/vacuum leak post maf.

and technically you would hit about 4.5 psi of boost until you mess with the w/g (not totally sure how this adjustable one works). i dont deal much with internal gates, i think they suck personally...

josh
Ohh lol ok i just thought its a vent, so i just didnt even hook it up!, ill connect it and report back!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02

First of congratsss once again n men that fire thing sounds crazy like nightmare lol always thought that would happen to me but yea ur good on wideband going lean when letting go all good there quick question tho when you first turn on your car and u start driving does you wideband read a rich until like car kinda warms up then wideband goes to like 14.7 thats what mine does but ive been told RRM piggy n 5th inj setup makes car run super rich

And as far as leak problem i would agree with JRR everything needs to b covered any lil hole that air is coming out automatic leak n car wont run rite also chek all ur bolts makes sure all tight as can be and my vac lines are all mostly zip tied as well and are all good also more vidsssss lol and picsss lol thanks
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

In the video, that smoke is from ceramic coating the header ya? Did you use techline turbox, and if so, did you also coat the hotside and downpipe?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ballamouse698
First of congratsss once again n men that fire thing sounds crazy like nightmare lol always thought that would happen to me but yea ur good on wideband going lean when letting go all good there quick question tho when you first turn on your car and u start driving does you wideband read a rich until like car kinda warms up then wideband goes to like 14.7 thats what mine does but ive been told RRM piggy n 5th inj setup makes car run super rich

And as far as leak problem i would agree with JRR everything needs to b covered any lil hole that air is coming out automatic leak n car wont run rite also chek all ur bolts makes sure all tight as can be and my vac lines are all mostly zip tied as well and are all good also more vidsssss lol and picsss lol thanks

The fire was deff scary dood, my whole car filled with black smoke cuz i had the vents all open good to laugh about it now ya kno? Well when i first start the car ya it reads rich then when it warms up it eventually gets to 14.2 or so! But ya man im lovin this boost!! ill double check all my connections, i wanna get close to 5!

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
In the video, that smoke is from ceramic coating the header ya? Did you use techline turbox, and if so, did you also coat the hotside and downpipe?
Well that was the high temp paint settin in! 2500+ i think i got!

Also whats considered dangerously lean while in boost? like an AFR range

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 13, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
yeah I waws hitting 3 psi as well I found the leak and clamped it but I never tested it again which I will do tomorrow. But my leak was from the egr valve so that a a problem Im going to have to fix if its still a problem
Old Sep 14, 2010, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
yeah I waws hitting 3 psi as well I found the leak and clamped it but I never tested it again which I will do tomorrow. But my leak was from the egr valve so that a a problem Im going to have to fix if its still a problem
EGR valve huh? Ill check there as well. Im goin to search i know i have seen it here somehwere how to make your own boost leak tester, so im going to look for that as well! All i do is take the filter off right? Or do i need to take the MAF sensor off as well? is 13 AFR super lean/ dangerous in boost?

home made Boost leak tester- http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ICtester.html Is the turbo outlet on the compressor side of a 16G turbo 2.5''? Ima go make this today

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 14, 2010 at 05:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!