Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvfWNlB5-k0
Old Sep 23, 2010, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone one know of any places i could send my turbo out to get balanced after i rebuild it? I live in MA!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
Anyone one know of any places i could send my turbo out to get balanced after i rebuild it? I live in MA!

put a wtb thread somewhere in the evo for sale like power stuff. Im pretty sure one of the sponsers will see it and contact you. Thats all I really know
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
put a wtb thread somewhere in the evo for sale like power stuff. Im pretty sure one of the sponsers will see it and contact you. Thats all I really know
Thanks man, i talked to DSG tuning today, a pro tuning place, they told me if im only boosting to 5 or so i shouldnt have to worry about it being balanced, so ill rebuild it and see how it goes

How can i tell the difference from DV flutter and compressor surge? Mine flutters all the time when i let off the gas.. Stock evo8 DV, Do any of you turbo guys evo8 DV's flutter??

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 23, 2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Thanks man, i talked to DSG tuning today, a pro tuning place, they told me if im only boosting to 5 or so i shouldnt have to worry about it being balanced, so ill rebuild it and see how it goes

How can i tell the difference from DV flutter and compressor surge? Mine flutters all the time when i let off the gas.. Stock evo8 DV, Do any of you turbo guys evo8 DV's flutter??
never had a problem with mine ever fluttering, but there was that one time i melted the vac line on it and it fluttered but thats the only time it ever did that on mine.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
never had a problem with mine ever fluttering, but there was that one time i melted the vac line on it and it fluttered but thats the only time it ever did that on mine.

Hmm..ok, because from what i have heard the fluttering could be compressor surge, and i know thats not good at all for the turbo, that might have contributed to the turbo's short life...Is there any way i can determine for sure if it was surge?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

I watched a vid on you tube that showed difference between a surge and a flutter what did it sound like when you hit boost and let off the throttle?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

the sound should be a steady psssssssssh, not wobbly or iregular.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU

exactly
Old Sep 24, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
I watched a vid on you tube that showed difference between a surge and a flutter what did it sound like when you hit boost and let off the throttle?
Basically like this: VrrrrRRRRRRR, PSHHH T,T,T,T,T,T,T, VrrrrRRRRRRR, even when im not in boost, but close to no vac (-8 through 0), it still does the flutter sound when i let off the gas, and anything 0 through +5 PSI is just louder flutter. but i thought it only releases pressure when its in boost, mine does the flutter also when ever i let off the gas in vac as well (-8 through 0) is that normal??

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
Deff was not a steady PSHHHH at all, very choppy...is this because at 5 PSI the evo 8 DV has a very stiff/ heavy duty spring in it that wont open all the way at low PSI? I have an HKS SSQV thats suppost to be better with low boost levels so ill give that a shot as well. BTW it did this both VTA and Recirc. I kno your not suppost to run VTA on a MAF sensor, but at low boost in my Auto trans i have no stalling probs or drveing probs, but either way it is still choppy, and deff not a nice release of pressure..

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 24, 2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:16 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Basically like this: VrrrrRRRRRRR, PSHHH T,T,T,T,T,T,T, VrrrrRRRRRRR, even when im not in boost, but close to no vac (-8 through 0), it still does the flutter sound when i let off the gas, and anything 0 through +5 PSI is just louder flutter. but i thought it only releases pressure when its in boost, mine does the flutter also when ever i let off the gas in vac as well (-8 through 0) is that normal??

Deff was not a steady PSHHHH at all, very choppy...is this because at 5 PSI the evo 8 DV has a very stiff/ heavy duty spring in it that wont open all the way at low PSI? I have an HKS SSQV thats suppost to be better with low boost levels so ill give that a shot as well. BTW it did this both VTA and Recirc. I kno your not suppost to run VTA on a MAF sensor, but at low boost in my Auto trans i have no stalling probs or drveing probs, but either way it is still choppy, and deff not a nice release of pressure..

you have compressor surge....you have a leak somewhere. and dont use the hks. ive done a lot of searching and an hks is def not for mitsu's. they really mess with your afr's and running vta is not a good idea either with yur maf and in boost.

as a gy on nasioc said: "why waste what you've already crated for a little sound?"
Old Sep 25, 2010, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
you have compressor surge....you have a leak somewhere. and dont use the hks. ive done a lot of searching and an hks is def not for mitsu's. they really mess with your afr's and running vta is not a good idea either with yur maf and in boost.

as a gy on nasioc said: "why waste what you've already crated for a little sound?"

Ok, well hmmm... you mean i have aleak somewhere as in where the DV is? the vac line to it? Or you mean just anywhere in the system? I can hit the full 5 PSI tho in boost
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

While waiting for my rebuild kit to come in, i put on some 17'' rims and put my AEM wideband gauge in my cluster to replace the "lancer" Gauge!

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 25, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Mitsu.kid.02;8699573] put my AEM wideband gauge in my cluster to replace the "lancer" Gauge!

u can do that? i have the evo guage
Old Sep 25, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

[quote=zulu989;8699648]
put my AEM wideband gauge in my cluster to replace the "lancer" Gauge!

u can do that? i have the evo guage
Yeah take a look at the pic man

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!