Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Mitsu.kid.02;8699676]
Originally Posted by zulu989

Yeah take a look at the pic man
thats awesome
Old Sep 25, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=sawulkn;8700129]
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02

thats awesome

Thanks bro! Hey any update on the injector clips bro?? I get a P0171 system too lean code when im boostin, i think its time to uppp the injectors!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 06:10 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zulu989
put my AEM wideband gauge in my cluster to replace the "lancer" Gauge!
u can do that? i have the evo guage

ya there is a how to thread somewhere as well up in the evo section. but the way that they did theirs was by taking the lcd part of it and putting it there, not like the entire gauge.

josh
Old Sep 25, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
ya there is a how to thread somewhere as well up in the evo section. but the way that they did theirs was by taking the lcd part of it and putting it there, not like the entire gauge.

josh
Yeah i seen that, but i liked seeing the whole gauge, so i did it a little bit differently, i like it!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

I just ordered the Evoscan logging software, and the tactrix cable. When logging, what are the most important things to look at? I know the first thing to do is to monitor the fuel trims to get them within -5/+5 LTFT right, when im scaling the 370cc injectors? Then the second thing to do is monitor the knocks and get them as close to zero counts as possible by timing adjustment. Then the third thing to do is to work on the AFR's in boost? Am i on the right track here guys?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

dude your thread has been alot of help so far. Keep it up. Hopefully I'll be boosting next year.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slatermvp
dude your thread has been alot of help so far. Keep it up. Hopefully I'll be boosting next year.

Awesome man, im glad its helping you out, if you have any questions at all feel free to post or PM me man Your going to LOVE being boosted its awesome!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome man, im glad its helping you out, if you have any questions at all feel free to post or PM me man Your going to LOVE being boosted its awesome!
Well...at first you're gonna love it, then you're going to get frustrated, then you're going to get ticked off because you don't have time to tune since you're asked to work 60 hours the week after the install....then your wife is going to get on to you for spending so much money when "we don't have it to spend".....

Then, you'll pull up to a BMW, who wants to speed up past you, cut over, and get on the highway ahead of you, because your little economy car is just too slow for him and his rich butt.....and you'll never think ill of the turbo again, while seeing his face in the review mirror.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
Well...at first you're gonna love it, then you're going to get frustrated, then you're going to get ticked off because you don't have time to tune since you're asked to work 60 hours the week after the install....then your wife is going to get on to you for spending so much money when "we don't have it to spend".....

Then, you'll pull up to a BMW, who wants to speed up past you, cut over, and get on the highway ahead of you, because your little economy car is just too slow for him and his rich butt.....and you'll never think ill of the turbo again, while seeing his face in the review mirror.
Ahhh yes!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Just an update anyhow, i fried my tactrix cable when i blew my main fuse, it was plugged in, so im getting one from someone local here wich is awesome so ill be tuning again. I was getting surge, but found out that the BOV broke and was leaking vac causing it to close way to fast and lead to surge, so new BOV on the way after christmas as well. So tuning wise, im at 6PSI stock everything, 11* timing advanced, no knock. need to install my injectors because WOT im at 109% IDC, I shall update again after i get my cable after christmas!

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Dec 17, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Just an update anyhow, i fried my tactrix cable when i blew my main fuse, it was plugged in, so im getting one from someone local here wich is awesome so ill be tuning again. I was getting surge, but found out that the BOV broke and was leaking vac causing it to close way to fast and lead to surge, so new BOV on the way after christmas as well. So tuning wise, im at 6PSI stock everything, 11* timing advanced, no knock. need to install my injectors because WOT im at 109% IDC, I shall update again after i get my cable after christmas!
Wait...so what's the deal with the boost controller, do you have one? How is it hooked up?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Wait...so what's the deal with the boost controller, do you have one? How is it hooked up?

I re installed it the way you told me to, one line from the j-pipe to the boost controller, then from the boost controller to the forge WGA right?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

I re installed it the way you told me to, one line from the j-pipe to the boost controller, then from the boost controller to the forge WGA right?
Yeah...that's the way they work. I've seen some pictures of MBC's hooked up with pics saying "connect here to this vacuum source" but I just don't think that's ideal. Everything I read says to choose a "pre-throttle body" source, like the nipple on the turbo compressor outlet. Anyhow, which one do you have? Also, if you are running 6psi, then I don't think it's hooked up right. My car with the forge and spring of 5-10psi or whatever, hits 8psi, and I have no MBC. If all you are running is 6psi, and don't want more for now...just don't even have the boost controller in...safer without it, one less thing to allow you to overboost.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah...that's the way they work. I've seen some pictures of MBC's hooked up with pics saying "connect here to this vacuum source" but I just don't think that's ideal. Everything I read says to choose a "pre-throttle body" source, like the nipple on the turbo compressor outlet. Anyhow, which one do you have? Also, if you are running 6psi, then I don't think it's hooked up right. My car with the forge and spring of 5-10psi or whatever, hits 8psi, and I have no MBC. If all you are running is 6psi, and don't want more for now...just don't even have the boost controller in...safer without it, one less thing to allow you to overboost.
How do you hit 8 PSI? i thought if attach a vac line from the WGA to the JPIPE it limits the psi to 5?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

How do you hit 8 PSI? i thought if attach a vac line from the WGA to the JPIPE it limits the psi to 5?
thats odd when i do it that way im still able to hit 10 psi

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!