Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
does the evo x pump fit into our tanks? i wanna get a fuel pump and studs when i up to 10-12 psi. Also do u think my auto trans will start to break at that high of boost??

**Off topic a bit but if the trans starts to go, i want to do a 5-spd swap, will the 5-spd trans out of the oz rally fit my oz rally that has auto trans?? if it does, all i need is the cables and center console, clutch pedal and an evo 8 ECU? or is it wayyyyy more complicated than that? people used to do 5-spd swaps in the 8th gen galants all the time so i think it can be done
so far mines been holding up pretty fine and according to evo scan im hitting 12-13psi
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by link62
so far mines been holding up pretty fine and according to evo scan im hitting 12-13psi

Wow i just noticed u have about 25 in/ vac. I only have like 20 when fully warm at idle. i must have a vac leak? when im driving and let off the gas i only have 22 vac
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine stays right at 20 vac at idle too.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Mine stays right at 20 vac at idle too.
i think mine is the same between 20-25 the vac in the vid was me on the freeway cruising then slowly accelerating, i do remember there was a time my idle vac was about 30 for a while lol
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by link62
i think mine is the same between 20-25 the vac in the vid was me on the freeway cruising then slowly accelerating, i do remember there was a time my idle vac was about 30 for a while lol
Where is ur boost gauge hooked up to??!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
you should see 18-22 vac. Anything Under 18..(so 0-18) would be a vac leak... ur fine.. that pic looks like holding 21/22.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
you should see 18-22 vac. Anything Under 18..(so 0-18) would be a vac leak... ur fine.. that pic looks like holding 21/22.
Thats link's pic not mine, at cold start im at like 17-18 vac and then when it wars up it sits at like 20 vac, and when i let off the gas to decel it reads 22 vac
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Where is ur boost gauge hooked up to??!
the fpr vac nipple on the intake manifold
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Thats link's pic not mine, at cold start im at like 17-18 vac and then when it wars up it sits at like 20 vac, and when i let off the gas to decel it reads 22 vac
ya that sounds about normal to me...

my car idles at about 3in-Hg cruising im around 12in-Hg. and decel at 22in-Hg.

ive searchd n searchd for my vac leak, and cant find it (im 99% sure i know where it is, just havent fixxed it) its obviousely big, but i cant hear it, even in boost i cant hear it.

its my #1 prioity to fix once we start seeing 45+ degree weather again..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jan 11, 2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
ya that sounds about normal to me...

my car idles at about 3in-Hg cruising im around 12in-Hg. and decel at 22in-Hg.

ive searchd n searchd for my vac leak, and cant find it (im 99% sure i know where it is, just havent fixxed it) its obviousely big, but i cant hear it, even in boost i cant hear it.

its my #1 prioity to fix once we start seeing 45+ degree weather again..
Dude thats a HUGE vac leak
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

well ya.. but seriously.. i should be able to hear it.. ill be tearing everything apart in a week or two (once its warms up enough to go outside with a tshirt on, and im fat, so thats still pretty cold)
when i have it all torn down, ill be replacing all the gaskets, checking and shortening all my lines.. and reconnecting everything, Again......
Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

How much timing is enough timing? Im currently at 10* advanced in boost with absolutly no knocking issues at all on 93 octane fuel and 11.2-11.5 AFR in boost WOT. I think i can still advance the timing, but im nervous because i dont want to break a rod or something, if i keep increasing my timing, does my chance of snaping a rod at 6-8 PSI drastically rise? I know i can rise it more, one time i was at 12 timing advanced no problem but i got nervous so i brought it back down to 10* Any input on this?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

How much timing is enough timing? Im currently at 10* advanced in boost with absolutly no knocking issues at all on 93 octane fuel and 11.2-11.5 AFR in boost WOT. I think i can still advance the timing, but im nervous because i dont want to break a rod or something, if i keep increasing my timing, does my chance of snaping a rod at 6-8 PSI drastically rise? I know i can rise it more, one time i was at 12 timing advanced no problem but i got nervous so i brought it back down to 10* Any input on this?
You want to increase timing until you stop seeing HP gains. Without a dyno, this is likely impossible. Also, it's not just increase in timing that breaks rods, it's too much torque/cylinder pressure. Knock hurts the engine, and typically it occurs before the MBT is reached, which would probably mean you could increase more....but I wouldn't. I would do some pulls, and graph HP (which is hard since you're an auto), but I know this. If you just use some random arbitrary numbers, and compare them from one pull to the next, it won't tell you anything meaningful to compare with other people's cars....but it will give you something to benchmark yourself against.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
You want to increase timing until you stop seeing HP gains. Without a dyno, this is likely impossible. Also, it's not just increase in timing that breaks rods, it's too much torque/cylinder pressure. Knock hurts the engine, and typically it occurs before the MBT is reached, which would probably mean you could increase more....but I wouldn't. I would do some pulls, and graph HP (which is hard since you're an auto), but I know this. If you just use some random arbitrary numbers, and compare them from one pull to the next, it won't tell you anything meaningful to compare with other people's cars....but it will give you something to benchmark yourself against.
Gotcha, cuz yeah like after even increasing the timing by 2 degrees i can literally feel the difference in the pull! But i see what your saying, and ill need to figure out how to graph pulls somehow, hmmm..
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

So, recently i started smelling coolant under the hood! Looked closer and noticed the turbo was hitting the water pipe inlet :-O I think its cracked, its all wet around that area! if anyone has the WATER INLET PIPE please let me knwo ASAP its only going to get bigger, my cost on it from mitsu was 84.00, i know some one has to have this!

When i get a new one, should i bang in the pipe a little in the area the turbo is so it wont touch it next time? The turbo is fully grinded down so i dont think i can grind the turbo to notch it anymore. Here is a pic of the pipe that cracked.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!