Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JRR
wow thats a lot to read.... use some some spaces in between...lol

anywho...

as long as you stay out of boost the car will run fine. but if yur doing the injectors make sure you find all the latencies and stuff so they are correct or at least close.

personally...sell the greddy and the injectors and head to nasioc and get some used wrx 440's. they will make your life easier in the long run....trust me i had an rrm 5 th injector setup for a while and ya i worked but when i went with the 440's it was so much easier

i did my build in 25hrs total obviously minus tuning but id did mine over labor day weekend a few years back.

josh

haha i know it was alot to read lol sorry about that, but thanks for the heads up about the injectors!

Originally Posted by link62
sorry had to

LOL

Originally Posted by link62
ive been at 10 psi for about over a year now and i do use ecuflash and i did start around 5-7 till i was able to tune it for 10 a week or so after install

i do both i go slow in to boost all the way to 10 psi and then theres time ill just wot pulls and the rods can handle 7 psi but it all depends on condition of engine and tune that would determine if they will last
Ok cool, yeah im deff going to be starting at 5 PSI until i can get a good feel for tuning, then i want to be at 10 and stay there.

Originally Posted by steven121
when you have a boost gauge thats the way you can tell if your in boost or not, most of the time when you accelerate hard thats when you hit boost
Yeah i know that haha i just didnt know if there was like a certain RPM when the turbo starts to spool up, ill keep my eye on the gauge
Old Aug 25, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Are these where the coolant lines connect to the turbo??
Old Aug 25, 2010, 05:28 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02

Yeah i know that haha i just didnt know if there was like a certain RPM when the turbo starts to spool up, ill keep my eye on the gauge

Are these where the coolant lines connect to the turbo??
well the evo turbo does start spooling around 2800rpm or so.....

as for the lines and the orientation of the turbo in the picture, the middle one and the one opposite of that are the coolant and the 2 outside ones you have circled are the oil feed and return (left one being feed and right one being return)

if you need a feed and a return i got full kit from rrm for sale.....

josh
Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
well the evo turbo does start spooling around 2800rpm or so.....

as for the lines and the orientation of the turbo in the picture, the middle one and the one opposite of that are the coolant and the 2 outside ones you have circled are the oil feed and return (left one being feed and right one being return)

if you need a feed and a return i got full kit from rrm for sale.....

josh
So this pic is labled correctly?

Now one coolant line has a barb fitting on it, while the other one is actually threaded, which coolant is feed and return? I havnt seen any 16g turbo's with these kind of fittings then only fittings i have seen are with the actual metal coolant lines, will these fittings still work??
Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:50 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

So this pic is labled correctly?

Now one coolant line has a barb fitting on it, while the other one is actually threaded, which coolant is feed and return? I havnt seen any 16g turbo's with these kind of fittings then only fittings i have seen are with the actual metal coolant lines, will these fittings still work??
yes they will still work but they work "better" so to speak if you have the hard lines. now dont get me wrong they will work but i like the idea of the hard lines better. as for feed return.....i think if i remember correctly the one on the side with the big flat spot that tells you what turbo it is is the return.....i think. they both are obviously threaded in the turbo and someone prolly switched out for those.

josh
Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the clearification man, i ended up getting a slim fan 10'' and rated for 1,500 CFM, this is the right fan correct, as a pusher mounted on the outside of the radiator, pass side?

Originally Posted by JRR
yes they will still work but they work "better" so to speak if you have the hard lines. now dont get me wrong they will work but i like the idea of the hard lines better. as for feed return.....i think if i remember correctly the one on the side with the big flat spot that tells you what turbo it is is the return.....i think. they both are obviously threaded in the turbo and someone prolly switched out for those.

josh

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Aug 26, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Also, so this pic looks right now?

As far as the oil return goes, its just a pipe with no barb or anything on it, does it need to be barbed to hold? or will a normal clamp on there tight be ok?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
hey whats your email man, Im going to send you alot of pictures that helped me with my build
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

tHAT WOULD BE FKIN AWESOME! im a visual learner! mitsu.kid.02@gmail.com thanks bro

Originally Posted by steven121
hey whats your email man, Im going to send you alot of pictures that helped me with my build
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the clearification man, i ended up getting a slim fan 10'' and rated for 1,500 CFM, this is the right fan correct, as a pusher mounted on the outside of the radiator, pass side?
That fan should do fine I am running a single slim fan with 1550 cfm with no issue whatsoever even with a couple triple digit days here
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:49 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

Also, so this pic looks right now?

As far as the oil return goes, its just a pipe with no barb or anything on it, does it need to be barbed to hold? or will a normal clamp on there tight be ok?
id clamp it even with a barb. loss of oil/oil pressue is bad, very bad. so anything with oil i always go above and beyond.

josh
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
That fan should do fine I am running a single slim fan with 1550 cfm with no issue whatsoever even with a couple triple digit days here
Awesome man sweet!! i just got the final "big" part to my build! an aem wideband! now all i need are the plugs, oil, coolant and small **** like that!

Originally Posted by JRR
id clamp it even with a barb. loss of oil/oil pressue is bad, very bad. so anything with oil i always go above and beyond.

josh
Oh yeah i know that i was planning on that i mean since its a pipe with no barb on it i was asking if i clamp the hose on there will it be tight enough to withstand the pressure and not leak since its a smooth pipe and not barbed?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A clamp on the return line should be fine for oil as its a no pressure zone. Maybe i should say its not supposed to be a pressurized zone. If you have pressure in this area it means engine blow by is so high its going to likely shoot your dipstick out of the tube :P.

All the pressure is contained in the journal bearing housing and the return is simply a small opening to allow oil to flow.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
A clamp on the return line should be fine for oil as its a no pressure zone. Maybe i should say its not supposed to be a pressurized zone. If you have pressure in this area it means engine blow by is so high its going to likely shoot your dipstick out of the tube :P.

All the pressure is contained in the journal bearing housing and the return is simply a small opening to allow oil to flow.

Gotcha! well i have an oil catch can as well! bkr7e are the spark plugs i need right? i just picked up 4 of em, what should i gap em for? Also, the 5/8 hose barb for the oil pan tap is NPT thread? I think next weekend im going to do the install, all im waitin for is the AEM wideband to come in! :-)

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Aug 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gotcha! well i have an oil catch can as well! bkr7e are the spark plugs i need right? i just picked up 4 of em, what should i gap em for? Also, the 5/8 hose barb for the oil pan tap is NPT thread? I think next weekend im going to do the install, all im waitin for is the AEM wideband to come in! :-)
Gap them down to .24-.26 inches no harm will come from running the small gap and it will resist blow out.

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!