Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by link62
i got both my 10in fans to fit with the horns till there just bent the brackets a lil

That pic was a great help!!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

So i got my AEM wideband, 10'' Slim Fan, NGK plugs! Now that i got all the big money items out of the way, All im waiting to get is!:

-Evo8 J-pipe, because the 9 didnt fit
-Trans Cooler will be here 09/02/10 Any advise for mounting places??
-4 feet of -4AN steel braided oil feed line
-3/8NPT to 5/8 barb for the oil return
-5/8 heater hose
-Electric fan mounting kit
-Coolant
-10W30 Oil with new oil filter
-RTV High-temp gasket maker for the pan
-T-bolt clamps (how many should i get?)
-Zip ties
-Vac lines
-Tools

Am i missing anything else? i really want to have everything handy right there when im doin the install! Is the electric fan mounting kit just like big zip ties? They go through the fins on the rad?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Aug 31, 2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Am i missing anything else? i really want to have everything handy right there when im doin the install! Is the electric fan mounting kit just like big zip ties? They go through the fins on the rad?

well if u want i could get u a oil feed line made with hydrolic line, its what im using bc my steel braided line broke?

and yes the fan kit is like 4 bucks and just is like 4 zip ties lol
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
So i got my AEM wideband, 10'' Slim Fan, NGK plugs! Now that i got all the big money items out of the way, All im waiting to get is!:

-Evo8 J-pipe, because the 9 didnt fit
-Trans Cooler will be here 09/02/10 Any advise for mounting places??
-4 feet of -4AN steel braided oil feed line
-3/8NPT to 5/8 barb for the oil return
-5/8 heater hose
-Electric fan mounting kit
-Coolant
-10W30 Oil with new oil filter
-RTV High-temp gasket maker for the pan
-T-bolt clamps (how many should i get?)
-Zip ties
-Vac lines
-Tools

I got these tbolts, a kit: http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...roducts_id=311

Why not go with 5w30, it's what the manufacturer recommends.

Did you say where or how you're connecting your oil feed, I can't remember. Sandwich or hex bolt?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:57 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

i got a full oil feed and retun from rrm. fits all 16g turbo's.

josh
Old Aug 31, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zulu989
well if u want i could get u a oil feed line made with hydrolic line, its what im using bc my steel braided line broke?

and yes the fan kit is like 4 bucks and just is like 4 zip ties lol
PM'ed bro

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
I got these tbolts, a kit: http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...roducts_id=311

Why not go with 5w30, it's what the manufacturer recommends.

Did you say where or how you're connecting your oil feed, I can't remember. Sandwich or hex bolt?
Im going with the connection on the oil filter sandwich adapter plate, i thought it was 10w30, my bad, ill make sure to make a note to get like 7qrts of 5w30! and thanks for that link bro

Originally Posted by JRR
i got a full oil feed and retun from rrm. fits all 16g turbo's.

josh
PM'd
Old Aug 31, 2010, 06:28 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

back at ya....
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
PM'ed bro

Im going with the connection on the oil filter sandwich adapter plate, i thought it was 10w30, my bad, ill make sure to make a note to get like 7qrts of 5w30! and thanks for that link bro

PM'd
bro its 10w-30, I heard you dont want to go to thin, right now thats what im running valvoline 10w-30 and I havent had a problem with heat at all.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:16 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

i ran 5w30 straight castrol gtx the entire time. oil is oil. its lack of oil that kills ya.....

i know that the evos run 5w30. and you only need 4.5 qts to fill the entire system, even with the turbo...
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JRR
i ran 5w30 straight castrol gtx the entire time. oil is oil. its lack of oil that kills ya.....

i know that the evos run 5w30. and you only need 4.5 qts to fill the entire system, even with the turbo...
please use full synthetic not convential, or turbo death will be what kills ur turbo setup (and technically its 3.8 qts to fill the system, plus a little extra for the turbo feed line with isnt much at all)

i break motors in on mobil1 5w30.. and ill use nothing but amsoil RD-30 on my car. can not sacrific your oil choice, when your pushing your car like we do!

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Aug 31, 2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
please use full synthetic not convential, or turbo death will be what kills ur turbo setup (and technically its 3.8 qts to fill the system, plus a little extra for the turbo feed line with isnt much at all)

i break motors in on mobil1 5w30.. and ill use nothing but amsoil RD-30 on my car. can not sacrific your oil choice, when your pushing your car like we do!
im using conventional oil right now, I heard that if you use synthetic its bad for the turbo, whats the truth here?

5w-30? JRR hmmm Im told so many different things im not sure whats right anymore, I remember when rrm told me to use 20w-30 oil last time...
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:19 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

i changed mine every 2500-3k anyway and spent the money on good filters. i run even the same oil in my rex. never had a problem. as long as you dont use like a penzoil or a quaker state which actually leaves a film on everything, castrol does not which is nice.

like i said earlier tho to is that lack of oil is gonna kill you, not by what oil you run....
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:23 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2

tell that to the people over on nasioc..lol. every other week i find another thread that mobil one blew up my engine......(now i dont know all the circimstances tho) but over there mobil one is like an evo, its all bad news....
Old Sep 1, 2010, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
tell that to the people over on nasioc..lol. every other week i find another thread that mobil one blew up my engine......(now i dont know all the circimstances tho) but over there mobil one is like an evo, its all bad news....
In my car now i have been doing oil changes every 2,800 miles with 10w30 castrol GTX conventional motor oil. Should i stay with the conventional oil, or use synthetic? Im not going to be constantly driving in boost, or run down the track every weekend. I have heard alot too, about conventional and synthetic and whether to switch or not, but im still unsure. I want to be as safe as possible, i have 134k on the odo, car runs sweet no problems, but still want to be as safe as i can!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

QUESTIONS WITH PICTURES:

1.) IN THIS PICTURE WHICH DO I USE AS A COOLANT RETURN/ FEED?

2.) DOES THIS PICTURE LOOK CORRECT? I FIGURED THE RETURN IS OBV, I FIGURED THE OIL FEED PORT ON THE TURBO (SHOWN BLUE) IS THREADED, WHICH WOULD CONNECT TO THE -4AN LINE. THE WATER LINES ARE NEXT TO EACHOTHER AND BOTH HAVE A BARB FITTING COMMING OFF THE TURBO, SO I FIGURED THOSE WERE THE WATER LINES. (ONE BLUE AND THE OTHER SILVER). WHAT COOLANT PORT IS FEED/RETURN?.

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!