Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:00 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
QUESTIONS WITH PICTURES:

1.) IN THIS PICTURE WHICH DO I USE AS A COOLANT RETURN/ FEED?

2.) DOES THIS PICTURE LOOK CORRECT? I FIGURED THE RETURN IS OBV, I FIGURED THE OIL FEED PORT ON THE TURBO (SHOWN BLUE) IS THREADED, WHICH WOULD CONNECT TO THE -4AN LINE. THE WATER LINES ARE NEXT TO EACHOTHER AND BOTH HAVE A BARB FITTING COMMING OFF THE TURBO, SO I FIGURED THOSE WERE THE WATER LINES. (ONE BLUE AND THE OTHER SILVER). WHAT COOLANT PORT IS FEED/RETURN?.
and actually the 2 blue ones are the coolant coming and going...
doesnt matter. i just took the line furthes from the hand with the t in it and took it from there to the turbo, then back from the turbo to where it was supposed to go in the first place...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
and actually the 2 blue ones are the coolant coming and going...
doesnt matter. i just took the line furthes from the hand with the t in it and took it from there to the turbo, then back from the turbo to where it was supposed to go in the first place...

But here is a 16g turbo with the water lines right next to eachother??
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

But here is a 16g turbo with the water lines right next to eachother??
That thing on top, with some red paint on it....that's not a water line i don't think. Where is that connecting to, right into the side of the head? I dun think so, that's where the oil should be connecting, so this guy has a slightly different feed method, but it doesn't look like it's hooked up.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:53 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

the one on top is the oil feed and the return is on the opposite side. the water line is the larger one, and its other is on its opposite side.

this person was using some other mehtod for the oil feed by using a compression union and idk what else.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
That thing on top, with some red paint on it....that's not a water line i don't think. Where is that connecting to, right into the side of the head? I dun think so, that's where the oil should be connecting, so this guy has a slightly different feed method, but it doesn't look like it's hooked up.

Ok, hmm im just trying to make sure i do not meass this up. so this picture looks right?

But then why is the blue one on the top threaded? Do i need to switch around the silver and blue connections, so the silver one is where the blue one is now?? Because it looks like the silver connection is a barb, and ther blue one is threaded for the -4an oil feed fitting.. so you can see where im confused here...

Also, as for the feed line connecting to the sandwich adapter plate, has anyone done this before? Did anyone note the size it needs for connecting the -4an to the sandwich plate?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 1, 2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, hmm im just trying to make sure i do not meass this up. so this picture looks right?

But then why is the blue one on the top threaded? Do i need to switch around the silver and blue connections, so the silver one is where the blue one is now?? Because it looks like the silver connection is a barb, and ther blue one is threaded for the -4an oil feed fitting.. so you can see where im confused here...

Also, as for the feed line connecting to the sandwich adapter plate, has anyone done this before? Did anyone note the size it needs for connecting the -4an to the sandwich plate?
you got it champ
Old Sep 1, 2010, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
you got it champ

Cool! So ill just switch those connections around then so the silver barb one is where the blue one is now! Question for the feed line connecting to the sandwich adapter plate, has anyone done this before? Did anyone note the size it needs for connecting the -4an to the sandwich plate? I did a little bit of research and found out that my prosport oil sandwich adapter plate uses 1/8NPT thread for the oil pressure sender. So in theory all i need is a 1/8NPT connecter to the -4AN oil feed line??

**Got my auto trans cooler in today!, do i just un-plug the two hoses from my trans that go into the bottom of my radiator, and just plug those hoses into the ATM cooler? Or should i keep those lines connected to the radiator and then run it to the ATM cooler? Any mounting ideas??

Something like that?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 2, 2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

in the picture above with the header, is that from a lancer, bc whose header is that
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zulu989
in the picture above with the header, is that from a lancer, bc whose header is that
If im not mistaken i think there the same as mine, meagan headers with a 4g94 flange welded onto it..same as mine

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Can i weld my wideband 02 sensor bung in the circled location? Or will it be in the way of the cars subframe, or turbo? Im looking for a place to weld the bung on the D/P
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:28 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Can i weld my wideband 02 sensor bung in the circled location? Or will it be in the way of the cars subframe, or turbo? Im looking for a place to weld the bung on the D/P
i would move it futher back this way for one its easier to change and also less wire needs to be run...

i think i put mine in the straighter section after the bend

josh
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
i would move it futher back this way for one its easier to change and also less wire needs to be run...

i think i put mine in the straighter section after the bend

josh
Thanks for the input man!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes I would put it closer to the end away from the turbo, heat will seriously **** up your day if you gotta buy a new sensor
Old Sep 2, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Yes I would put it closer to the end away from the turbo, heat will seriously **** up your day if you gotta buy a new sensor

Im going to put it in the "test pipe" section!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

nicceee threadd mengg congratz n good luck i just finished my 05 auto Es install bout 2 weeks ago it was crazinessss and i dnt kno if ur still running Cats in ur exhaust after build or have any laws were u live but i took my secondary O2 sensor out n jus put my wideband in there since in my car all its good for is reading if the catalytic converter is working but my new exhaust was catless also lil quick tip make sure wen u take off oil pan u let it drip for a while before putting it back on after tap i made that mistake n the sealant didnt work to well n had to reseal due to lil oil leak also if u have any other questions during install lemme know i learned a lot from doing that junk myself lol goodluck once again

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!