Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I finished mine about one month ago and car is still running awesome, im pushing 7 psi on my car and I can still go more with my tune, but I think my clutch is wearing out so looks like its time to uprgrade as soon as it dumps out.

I ran into the same problem and trust me do it this way.

your downpipe, weld an O2 bung about 1 inch from the flange that connects to the test pipe, and that will be your O2 sensor, Then just use your test pipe for the wideband and it will fit. I have to get mine rewelded so I can use the second O2 sensor . I can clear it out but it always pops back up for some reason
Old Sep 2, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ballamouse698
nicceee threadd mengg congratz n good luck i just finished my 05 auto Es install bout 2 weeks ago it was crazinessss and i dnt kno if ur still running Cats in ur exhaust after build or have any laws were u live but i took my secondary O2 sensor out n jus put my wideband in there since in my car all its good for is reading if the catalytic converter is working but my new exhaust was catless also lil quick tip make sure wen u take off oil pan u let it drip for a while before putting it back on after tap i made that mistake n the sealant didnt work to well n had to reseal due to lil oil leak also if u have any other questions during install lemme know i learned a lot from doing that junk myself lol goodluck once again
Thanks bro, expect some PM's from me soon haha

Originally Posted by steven121
I finished mine about one month ago and car is still running awesome, im pushing 7 psi on my car and I can still go more with my tune, but I think my clutch is wearing out so looks like its time to uprgrade as soon as it dumps out.

I ran into the same problem and trust me do it this way.

your downpipe, weld an O2 bung about 1 inch from the flange that connects to the test pipe, and that will be your O2 sensor, Then just use your test pipe for the wideband and it will fit. I have to get mine rewelded so I can use the second O2 sensor . I can clear it out but it always pops back up for some reason
Thats a good idea! that way i can use both my 02 sensors, and the wideband! Good thinking there, ill do that! Did you try the spark plug non-foulers for the second 02 sensor? Use two of them together, usually from what i hear that does the trick!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
Thanks bro, expect some PM's from me soon haha

Thats a good idea! that way i can use both my 02 sensors, and the wideband! Good thinking there, ill do that! Did you try the spark plug non-foulers for the second 02 sensor? Use two of them together, usually from what i hear that does the trick!
to be honest I never heard of that Idea at all
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats what I did I still have both 02 sensors and my wideband with no cats. Used the old anti foulers trick and have never had a single cel.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

to be honest I never heard of that Idea at all
Ya man give it a shot and let us know!

Originally Posted by 03lances
Thats what I did I still have both 02 sensors and my wideband with no cats. Used the old anti foulers trick and have never had a single cel.
Thats what im going to do i think. Im just waiting on a few more parts, then i should be good to go!! shooting for the 24th, 25th, and 26th to install! Then monday morning, start tuning with the e-manage on my way to work

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 3, 2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Would this exhaust be ok with the turbo?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N1-CA...Q5fAccessories

2.5'' piping. I was thinking about buying this and cutting off the flange from the test pipe and cat-back and welding in a section of 2.5'' pipe to complete the system. This exhaust is going to be permanant.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Would this exhaust be ok with the turbo?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N1-CA...Q5fAccessories

2.5'' piping. I was thinking about buying this and cutting off the flange from the test pipe and cat-back and welding in a section of 2.5'' pipe to complete the system. This exhaust is going to be permanant.
I bought some similar to that, the SR*S ebay exhaust. Keep in mind if it's stainless steel, you have to be able to weld stainless steel...which I can't, just FYI. Anything will work for a turbo, the more flow the better it will be able to put out power though. If you email the guy who sells SRS, like nissongtr or whatever, he'll probably send it to you a bit cheaper outside of Ebay. That's how I did it, and it worked out fine. Shippinng on the one you quoted nearly makes it as expensive as the srs one, and I've heard both and like the srs sound better. It's much deeper.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
I bought some similar to that, the SR*S ebay exhaust. Keep in mind if it's stainless steel, you have to be able to weld stainless steel...which I can't, just FYI. Anything will work for a turbo, the more flow the better it will be able to put out power though. If you email the guy who sells SRS, like nissongtr or whatever, he'll probably send it to you a bit cheaper outside of Ebay. That's how I did it, and it worked out fine. Shippinng on the one you quoted nearly makes it as expensive as the srs one, and I've heard both and like the srs sound better. It's much deeper.

cool, ill look into that man, thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

I capped one nipple comming off the intake as you can see in the pic, but where do i run the other one to? I know the forge-wastegate actuator vac line connects to the j-pipe, the evo BOV to the t-connection comming off the throttle body, but where does the one off the intake go?

Also, check out this pic of the coolant lines. Instead of running a T-fitting in the coolant lines to the TB, why not do a 90 degree barb connection so i can run the coolant bypass mod? I think this is what JRR was talking about?

Look right?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 4, 2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:01 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

no there is an easier way ill have to look for the pic later toinght with no cutting an splicing. basically just making the lane longer...
Old Sep 4, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
no there is an easier way ill have to look for the pic later toinght with no cutting an splicing. basically just making the lane longer...
Oh ok, yeah let me know if you find out!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 01:14 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

turbo coolant lines...

found it! its a lot easier than cutting and spicing plus less chance of a leak. like i said you basically just make the line longer...
Old Sep 4, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
turbo coolant lines...

found it! its a lot easier than cutting and spicing plus less chance of a leak. like i said you basically just make the line longer...

Haha oh ok i got ya! Thanks for that!! So basically one line goes to the hard pipe, then the other to the TB?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 4, 2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Haha oh ok i got ya! Thanks for that!! So basically one line goes to the hard pipe, then the other to the TB?

exactly its alot easier to tell you the truth just make sure you get plenty line, I think I got 6 foot just to be safe, go to napa and brng your turbo with you and tell them I need a hose that will fit this piece, napa is good at taking care of problems.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 04:46 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

exactly its alot easier to tell you the truth just make sure you get plenty line, I think I got 6 foot just to be safe, go to napa and brng your turbo with you and tell them I need a hose that will fit this piece, napa is good at taking care of problems.
HA! not around here. i used to go to napa quite a bit. if i cant get it from the store i work at id go to autozone or oreilly before napa. and obviously all 3 of them are competition for us.

as for what yoou need 3/8" heater hose and in what ever length you need. it never huts to get more as for you never know when yur gonna need it.

josh

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!