Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JRR
HA! not around here. i used to go to napa quite a bit. if i cant get it from the store i work at id go to autozone or oreilly before napa. and obviously all 3 of them are competition for us.

as for what yoou need 3/8" heater hose and in what ever length you need. it never huts to get more as for you never know when yur gonna need it.

josh

hahaha Autozone here sucks, no one knows crap about cars, I just called them up about ignition coils because i cant find my stock ones anywhere, and hes like im not sure what this means let me read it out loud.... wow dude you got training from autozone and your making them look bad its just ignition coils I bet he doesnt know what cylinder 1 and 3 is for the coils...
Old Sep 5, 2010, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, well ill prob get the stuff from advanced auto, its right down the street from me!! So i installed the slim fan yesterday, installed intercooler/couplers and pipes. They all fit very well :-) So thats good! Im going to install the ATM cooler today also. Im just waiting for the evo8 J-pipe, injector clips for the RC 370cc injectors, and the evo test pipe section with wideband 02 sensor bung. Im pretty excited! If i can get these parts before the weekend, ill do the install this weekend coming up. If not deff the weekend after! The only thing left to do is tap the oil pan, install turbo, run coolant/oil lines, Install the wideband 02 sensor into test pipe, install injectors, evo intake/BOV/filter, vac lines. coolant fill, oil change, spark plugs, Am i missing anything else????

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 7, 2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Couple more questions if you guys can help me out here! Im doin the build this weekend if everything goes as planned!!

QUESTION 1.) On the evo intake, where do i connect the vac line to??

QUESTION 2.) I installed the slim fan, but i just want to make sure i wired it to the correct plug! In this pic, the bottom left plug is the power wires that are connected to the fuse box, or some power supply, the lower right side had wires connected to the pass side fan, and the plug on the right side connected to the drivers side fan. I connected the slim fan to the right side plug, Is that the right one?? Also i think i have to switch the wires around, when it finally turned on it was only a slight breeze and was pushing air towards the front bumper, not pushing air into the engine bay.

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 7, 2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

that isnt for a vac its goes to the valve cover
Old Sep 7, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by link62
that isnt for a vac its goes to the valve cover
Oh ok, so just a vent? Cool. Did i wire up the fan controller correct?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

So the evo 8 j-pipe will be here fri, im all set to install the turbo this weekend!! Thurs im going to gather the last parts that i can obtain locally.

__________________SHOPPING LIST!___________________________
**(7) 2.5'' clamps (2) 2.0'' clamps (2) 1.5'' clamps (for intercooler and recirc pipes)- NAPA
**1/8NPT to barb (for feed line from sandwich)- local hardware store
**4 ft of rubber fuel line with two clamps (for my oil feed line)- NAPA
**Hairspray for couplers- sisters room lol
**(5) qrts of 10w30 oil with oil filter
**90 degree elbow for evo intake (so i dont have to re-locate the batt right away)
**(1) tube of black RTV for the pan gasket!
****think thats all!

I couldnt get the -4an steel braided oil feed line in time for the build so the guy i got the turbo from told me he used 4 feed of rubber fuel line, clamped one side to the barb from the oil filter sandwich and the other onto the turbo, he said it works so im doin it! Im pretty excited! Ill be taking lots of vids and everything, so expect alot of clips this weekend!

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 7, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 02:58 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

get the black stuff for the rtv. its the most oil resistant.

and 1 will do you. there is enuf in there to do it a couple of times...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
get the black stuff for the rtv. its the most oil resistant.

and 1 will do you. there is enuf in there to do it a couple of times...
Ok bro will do..updated!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
QUESTION 2.) I installed the slim fan, but i just want to make sure i wired it to the correct plug! In this pic, the bottom left plug is the power wires that are connected to the fuse box, or some power supply, the lower right side had wires connected to the pass side fan, and the plug on the right side connected to the drivers side fan. I connected the slim fan to the right side plug, Is that the right one?? Also i think i have to switch the wires around, when it finally turned on it was only a slight breeze and was pushing air towards the front bumper, not pushing air into the engine bay.
The plug next to the 12v feed is for the radiator fan and the plug by it's own is for the condenser fan. You used the wrong connector. You can just switch the plugs so it's connected correctly. As for the fan blowing air toward the bumper, you'll need to reverse the voltage to turn it from a puller to a pusher.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
The plug next to the 12v feed is for the radiator fan and the plug by it's own is for the condenser fan. You used the wrong connector. You can just switch the plugs so it's connected correctly. As for the fan blowing air toward the bumper, you'll need to reverse the voltage to turn it from a puller to a pusher.
Thanks man!!!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE***

Turbo build was started yesterday 09/10/10. we got as far up as bolting on the headers, the turbo, the 02 housing, the j-pipe, the 02 sensor, evo intake with a 90 degree bend (so i can use my current battery until i can get some wire to re-locate) all intercooler piping. Today im taking the pan off cleaning it, drilling and taping, connect the oil feed line up to the adapter plate, connecct the oil return line, and the coolant lines. Also install the spark plugs and gap em to .25 Im taking vids and pics! ill take more today.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

IM TURBO'D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pics and vids tomorro! No leaks!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
IM TURBO'D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pics and vids tomorro! No leaks!
Niceeee congrats meng i know that feeling indescribable lol quick tip tho they say make sure to tighten bolts up like a week or so for a couple months since heat will loosen well they are right wen they say that i had a nasty boost leak just fixed cuz of that lol but other than that go crazyyy and enjoy that boost n pics n vids!!!!! im gettin all excited again lol
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ballamouse698
Niceeee congrats meng i know that feeling indescribable lol quick tip tho they say make sure to tighten bolts up like a week or so for a couple months since heat will loosen well they are right wen they say that i had a nasty boost leak just fixed cuz of that lol but other than that go crazyyy and enjoy that boost n pics n vids!!!!! im gettin all excited again lol

Oh man its so sick!!! Its untuned right now until tomorro i can hook the laptop in and start tuning, i hit 3 lbs by accident, i wasnt payin attention but even at 3 lbs i noticed a hard pull!!! its so sweet, im gettin the exhaust welded up tomorro and all i could hear was the turbo through the downpipe Me and my dad did it in about 9 hours total! Wasnt bad at all and we had no leaks so far, so im hoping it stays that way...dont worry about me chaeckin the bolts and what not, everytime i stop somewhere i open to hood Pics and vids tomorro!! here are some for now to start!

sorry its like yellow i was using a shop light!

Also quick question.. can i just leave the nipple coming off the evo intake unplugged? the one thats suppost to vent? And just so i make sure, the vac line off the forge wastegate connects to the j-pipe nipple right? Thats how i have it now

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Sep 11, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have some evo ix parts for sale if your interested. Mostly stock. Thread is in my sig.

Quick Reply: Mitsu.kid.kid's Turbo thread!