Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

10.0 - 4g93 setup

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
10.0 - 4g93 setup

this is from may 25th event.. just stumbled across it.
another puerto rico crazy 4g93 setup
1.8L SOHC 4G93 engine with stock intake manifold, ebay turbo, ebay intercooler, Micro Tech ems and runs 10.0 @ 143 MPH!!
stock trans, stock axles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W21im...ayer_embedded#!

the only thing removed from the car is the passenger seat.

This is Elliot Maldonado's Technica, Technicas is how Mirage LS are called in PR, it has a 4G93 engine 1.8L SOHC stock intake manifold, ebay turbo & intercooler micro tech ems and runs 10.08 @ 143 MPH on 24.5 and stock transmission and axles. the only thing removed from the car is the passenger seat.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Aug 31, 2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
In stock form that generation Mirage weighs almost 500lbs less than a stock Lancer. Of course it's gonna go that quick on boost and slicks.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
In stock form that generation Mirage weighs almost 500lbs less than a stock Lancer. Of course it's gonna go that quick on boost and slicks.
class it races in. it has to weight 1850+lbs.
i think it has an ebay special gt35r at 30psi, might be wrong..
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

i want his wheels.. not easy find wheels i like. lol.. nothin in 4x114.3
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
his engines built correct? so if we removed the unecessary stuff from the lancer couldnt we get 10 seconds at the same psi or maybe a little higher?

what can we do to get a 10 second car? because that would be sick
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
his engines built correct? so if we removed the unecessary stuff from the lancer couldnt we get 10 seconds at the same psi or maybe a little higher?

what can we do to get a 10 second car? because that would be sick
seriously? not as much as u think with a built motor...
(simply put, setup like mine or senates, or anyone else using a t3+ bigger turbo, slicks, 30psi,race gas, built motor, and go to the track witha trailor for when you break your s*it)

24.5x9x15 slicks (or 26s, but not recommended)

stop using tiny 16g/t25/t28s turbos. go to atleast a t3/t4 or gt35r.. built motor, 30psi on race gas or e85. gut the car completely(something similiar to mine) do what u can to get the car to or below 2000lbs.

but thats defiantely not a street setup... ur talking 1 maybe 2 race seasons before that motor is toast(say 5-10k miles of straight abuse)

the Current Fastest known 4g93 is doing 9.40s@150+mph. and hes using a big twinscroll gt3586(identical specs to mine) with a 75shot, with a custom gearset 5speed (made 600hp/650trq at 30psi with the 75shot)

This Elliot tech car is also using microtech ems setup.. similiar to AEM megasquirt(not a full standalone).. its not needed, but he has a standalone ignition box that im sure requires it. All there motor/ignition/tuning setups on all the Puerto rico mirages turbos all seem to be about the same, only differences is color of car and turbo manifolds.. the most extreme setup ive seen yet, isnt even running yet, i posted pics of it a few months back.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Aug 31, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
seriously? not as much as u think with a built motor...
(simply put, setup like mine or senates, or anyone else using a t3+ bigger turbo, slicks, 30psi,race gas, built motor, and go to the track witha trailor for when you break your s*it)

24.5x9x15 slicks (or 26s, but not recommended)

stop using tiny 16g/t25/t28s turbos. go to atleast a t3/t4 or gt35r.. built motor, 30psi on race gas or e85. gut the car completely(something similiar to mine) do what u can to get the car to or below 2000lbs.

but thats defiantely not a street setup... ur talking 1 maybe 2 race seasons before that motor is toast(say 5-10k miles of straight abuse)

the Current Fastest known 4g93 is doing 9.40s@150+mph. and hes using a big twinscroll gt3586(identical specs to mine) with a 75shot, with a custom gearset 5speed (made 600hp/650trq at 30psi with the 75shot)

This Elliot tech car is also using microtech ems setup.. similiar to AEM megasquirt(not a full standalone).. its not needed, but he has a standalone ignition box that im sure requires it. All there motor/ignition/tuning setups on all the Puerto rico mirages turbos all seem to be about the same, only differences is color of car and turbo manifolds.. the most extreme setup ive seen yet, isnt even running yet, i posted pics of it a few months back.
lol I didnt know if it was built or not all I saw was ebay turbo, intercooling etc... I thought most of the hype was because hes using an ebay turbo. but I was just asking to make sure. Eventually I would like to upgrade to a GT35 turbo and boost more after I build the engine first if I decide to keep the car I want to boost up to 20 psi and call it done that way I know I have a pretty fast and sweet car
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

lol I didnt know if it was built or not all I saw was ebay turbo, intercooling etc... I thought most of the hype was because hes using an ebay turbo. but I was just asking to make sure. Eventually I would like to upgrade to a GT35 turbo and boost more after I build the engine first if I decide to keep the car I want to boost up to 20 psi and call it done that way I know I have a pretty fast and sweet car
20 psi should put u into the 12s with decent set of slicks.
and pistons rods and headstuds is all u really need for 20psi.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Aug 31, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20 psi should put u into the 12s with decent set of slicks.
and pistons rods and headstuds is all u really need for 20psi.
2 thumbs for this here. My goal, once I get my bank account back up to positive numbers, is a built engine with everything you just said...but no slicks. I know I've seen a few with forged internals, headstuds, and 16g's but they may have all been automatics...can't recall. Still, this dude does have a sweet little (key word being little) car.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
2 thumbs for this here. My goal, once I get my bank account back up to positive numbers, is a built engine with everything you just said...but no slicks. I know I've seen a few with forged internals, headstuds, and 16g's but they may have all been automatics...can't recall. Still, this dude does have a sweet little (key word being little) car.
well dont exspect to see 12s without slicks.. (trust me, it makes a HUGE difference)
Old Sep 1, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

well dont exspect to see 12s without slicks.. (trust me, it makes a HUGE difference)

so how much power should I look at around 20 psi? And when do I need a new cam to come in to play?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

so how much power should I look at around 20 psi? And when do I need a new cam to come in to play?
umm.. depends.. if ur literally only doing, pistons rods n headstuds.. would depend on compression.. and if the heads 100% stock..

say 300 give or take 30 depending on how its tuned, thats on a 16g, on 91/93 pump gas, on safe lower compression 9.5:1(stock) or lower compression.. thats actually pushing the setup considerably hard to..

cam? umm.. technically u will max the HEAD out before the Cam?!(kinda a weird question to address because its not worded properly), just depends on what kinda powerband your looking for. get your head port n polished and rebuilt (very cheap if u do it threw a local machine shop, just port match the gaskets and get it all deburred n polished, no point in taking it to the extreme) u will see a nice jump in power then do a cam/springs after all that.
but the cam really does depend on what kinda powerband your going for, because u cant go to big lift cam and garentee yourself any gains, there is a fine line u cant cross if ur setups not right for it. if u can get incontact with compcam, they have unground cams for our can u can get a custom grid for just about anything u might want. or u can always just order one from rpw, they have like 8 variations, keep it simple and u can expect improvements without accidentally doing to much..

u have to remember, people are making anywhere from 270-370ish hp all within a few PSI of each other.. and i think the highest of ther bunch is only running 17psi, but ur talking a built, small cam, and also e85 istead of 93.. im expecting 300 at only 12psi and no spray..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Sep 1, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

umm.. depends.. if ur literally only doing, pistons rods n headstuds.. would depend on compression.. and if the heads 100% stock..

say 300 give or take 30 depending on how its tuned, thats on a 16g, on pump gas, on safe lower compression 9.5:1(stock) or lower compression.. thats actually pushing the setup considerably hard to..

cam? umm.. technically u will max the HEAD out before the Cam?!(kinda a weird question to address because its not worded properly), just depends on what kinda powerband your looking for. get your head port n polished and rebuilt (very cheap if u do it threw a local machine shop, just port match the gaskets and get it all deburred n polished, no point in taking it to the extreme) u will see a nice jump in power then do a cam/springs after all that.
but the cam really does depend on what kinda powerband your going for, because u cant go to big lift cam and garentee yourself any gains, there is a fine line u cant cross if ur setups not right for it. if u can get incontact with compcam, they have unground cams for our can u can get a custom grid for just about anything u might want. or u can always just order one from rpw, they have like 8 variations, keep it simple and u can expect improvements without accidentally doing to much..

u have to remember, people are making anywhere from 270-370ish hp all within a few PSI of each other.. and i think the highest of ther bunch is only running 17psi, but ur talking a built, small cam, and also e85 istead of 93.. im expecting 300 at 12psi.. (and yes im serious)

im looking for a port polished head, Pistons, and Rods, If I dont need a cam then thats cool, I would also like to push about 20 psi or more hopefully.

thats option 1

option 2 is if I dont have the funds in time I would like to keep the head stock, and just do pistons and rods, and boost to about 20 psi.

Im mostly planing on sticking with the 16G, If I get a bigger turbo like a T3 as you mentioned earlier how much psi would I have to run in order to get to 275? Im not sure what the compression is right now I think 10:1... im not sure im at work right now, but what kind of piston compression should I get to match my expectations?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

im looking for a port polished head, Pistons, and Rods, If I dont need a cam then thats cool, I would also like to push about 20 psi or more hopefully.

thats option 1

option 2 is if I dont have the funds in time I would like to keep the head stock, and just do pistons and rods, and boost to about 20 psi.

Im mostly planing on sticking with the 16G, If I get a bigger turbo like a T3 as you mentioned earlier how much psi would I have to run in order to get to 275? Im not sure what the compression is right now I think 10:1... im not sure im at work right now, but what kind of piston compression should I get to match my expectations?
for starters.. (this is me) i would never run 10:1 compression on a turbo setup and expect to push 20psi without using race gas or e85.

u also donno what turbo u wann go with if u go to a t3.. would depend on alot of factors, to many hypotheticals in 1 post! no fair to answer with a proper answer. realistically (this is how ill break it down)

if u use.. 10:1 compression, swap to a basic gt35r(singlescroll), e85 for fuel, pistons, rods, headstuds, stock head.. id say expect 275hp at like..12psi on a safe tune at nearly redline, or maybe beyond redline. but thats just a guess..
Old Sep 1, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

for starters.. (this is me) i would never run 10:1 compression on a turbo setup and expect to push 20psi without using race gas or e85.

u also donno what turbo u wann go with if u go to a t3.. would depend on alot of factors, to many hypotheticals in 1 post! no fair to answer with a proper answer. realistically (this is how ill break it down)

if u use.. 10:1 compression, swap to a basic gt35r(singlescroll), e85 for fuel, pistons, rods, headstuds, stock head.. id say expect 275hp at like..12psi on a safe tune at nearly redline, or maybe beyond redline. but thats just a guess..

That sounds pretty good actually and I might actually plan on doing this, what if I use 93 octane or basically pump gas would that affect horsepower at all by increasing or decreasing? That pretty much what im using right now.

Quick Reply: 10.0 - 4g93 setup