Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RIPP MODS SDS supercharger system thread (MERGE)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2004 | 10:44 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Punk8981
hey Manny! hehehe
hey ted. so you gonna charge it or what? come on bro just charge it.
Old Jan 22, 2004 | 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

ummm...ok! ow wait, NO! hehehe GREEN BACKS BRO! thats how we do it.

Last edited by Punk8981; Jan 30, 2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2004 | 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

for the lack of updates for the lancer i am gonna save for a RRM stage 2 turbo , hopefully its out for auto's as well.
Old Jan 30, 2004 | 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

RIPPMODS

Hello
My name is Joe C. and I am in charge of sales and marketing for Ripp Modifications. For those of you who stay current with Ripp Modifications news already know that our lancer kit has just been given the ultimate upgrade. We have switched to larger injectors and given our Black Box (completely reprogrammable a/f management system/piggy back ecu unit) the most aggressive tuning it has ever seen. Before this upgrade our kit was producing 208whp @11psi. There was a snow storm in NY so we weren’t able to get the car to the Dyno as of yet. According to our readouts we estimate the hp at the crank to be between 270 and 290. Mind you this kit will come complete with a Meth kit and crank pulley. Our kits are turn key reliable and are designed to run everyday at 11psi. Currently we have sold over 240 supercharger kits. This new kit will be our most exciting one yet. Our reputation for reliability, that we have built with our 4G64 and 6G72 kits, will separate us from our less viable competitors. We will be updating the public shortly.

We will be launching various marketing campaigns comparing our SDS Lancer to the stock Lancer Evolution. The comparison will prove to be VERY appealing to Lancer owners
Old Jan 30, 2004 | 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

well...its been a long time and yeah snow storms definately slows things down. But we are excited to know the final results and numbers.
Old Jan 30, 2004 | 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Wow those numbers are very impressive! Can't wait to see the Dyno Sheet and get some 1/4 mile times!
Old Jan 30, 2004 | 10:01 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like it
Old Jan 30, 2004 | 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

WTF! 270-290 hp for less than 4k....*** it, i'm gonna save up. and then what ever happens happens.

and 11 psi can be used as an everyday driver...scaaaaaary.

and you said the same numbers can be used for autos right? well minus 10 hp.
Old Jan 30, 2004 | 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

I'm trying to word this in the most respectful way possible. I'm more interested in information and "hows" than I am in getting flamed for asking questions about products, here goes:

How, on stock internals, can you keep the engine boosting 11PSI and over 250 WHP? Other FI methods would be frying the engine by now.
How long do you expect the internals to last? I know you said daily driver. But I'm sure you can understand how people that have kept up on the FI threads have their heads spinning over this kind of power and reliability.

how hard is the install on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being putting air in your tires, and 10 being rebuilding 1927 model T's out of VW parts

Kudos!!!

EDIT
****, I'm such a NOOOOOB sometimes. Sigh. So you're saying the black box piggyback is responsible for the safety of the internals. I take it I'd have to get rid of my eManage? Oh well, I guess It would plug in approximately the same way, no?

**** As new maps are produced, would there be a way to add them to the black box?

And you're saying install is about a "3" then? One person likened it to the difficulty of installing sparkplugs.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by engineerboy; Jan 30, 2004 at 10:41 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2004 | 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i too wonder how you can run 11 psi with out internal work
Old Feb 1, 2004 | 10:00 AM

to be honest with u i was a bit sceptic on the whole 11 psi thing.. but then they gave me the car with it and it is extremely strong and efficient.. the kit made the car feel like a completely different car before... now i cant even imagine what it will feel like but when i get it back u will all know...
Old Feb 1, 2004 | 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

honestly if everything goes according to plan im gonna bring my car to ripp when school is done.

hopefully an auto will be done by then, otherwise i may be the first.
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by engineerboy
I'm trying to word this in the most respectful way possible. I'm more interested in information and "hows" than I am in getting flamed for asking questions about products, here goes:

How, on stock internals, can you keep the engine boosting 11PSI and over 250 WHP? Other FI methods would be frying the engine by now.
How long do you expect the internals to last? I know you said daily driver. But I'm sure you can understand how people that have kept up on the FI threads have their heads spinning over this kind of power and reliability.

how hard is the install on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being putting air in your tires, and 10 being rebuilding 1927 model T's out of VW parts

Thanks guys.
The same way we can run 11psi as a daily driver on our 4G64 engines is the same way we can run it with the Lancer. We’ve been running 11psi on our Camry for over a year and only sell our 4G64 kits at 11psi. Through testing we’ve found that it is possible to run high boost reliably on stock internals.
Proper tuning, cooling and boost control. These are the keys to creating a reliable FI kit. Our Black Box is a fully adaptive and programmable fuel management unit. The black box keeps Fuel curves between 14.7->12.6. Fuzzy logic allows a perfect power curve every time the engine receives boost. It is programmed to fill in spots in the power curve where the engine becomes too lean or too rich. Consumers have seen that the engine runs the same hp at the same boost with the same exact power curve every time the car is driven. Also, our boost cooler cools engine air temps down from 210-230 to approximately 130-160. Cool boost means less stress. Less stress is what reliability is all about. By eliminating back pressure and cooling air temps were able to get the boost into the engine, cool it, and release it quickly. Because our Boost Cooler is methane based it not only adds to reliability it adds octane to the engine, which creates a boost in HP. The best thing about this kit is it is all programmed and timed. The boost cooler is programmed through a digital controller to cool boost down when it is at its hottest (at high rpms). Turn key reliability at this level is something that few FI tuners have been able to replicate. We feel that we have successfully done it.
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 11:48 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by engineerboy

Kudos!!!

EDIT
****, I'm such a NOOOOOB sometimes. Sigh. So you're saying the black box piggyback is responsible for the safety of the internals. I take it I'd have to get rid of my eManage? Oh well, I guess It would plug in approximately the same way, no?

**** As new maps are produced, would there be a way to add them to the black box?

And you're saying install is about a "3" then? One person likened it to the difficulty of installing sparkplugs.

Thanks guys.
its basically the same concept as the honda civic si vortech kit. i believe it produces 100hp. so from the basic stock 160hp to over 270hp. like ripp stated its all about the cooling and fuel factor. i mentioned before, but when i spoke to votech themselves at the sema show, they said that rippmods DEFINATELY knows what they're doing. they also went on to say that MOST vortech kits last longer than the engines themselves (not because of factors caused by the kit, but because the engine just gets old....etc.). belive it or not, vortech told me some people have even passed 200,000 miles on their cars, and the kit is still working perfect.
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

so lets go charge it manny!

Quick Reply: RIPP MODS SDS supercharger system thread (MERGE)