Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RIPP MODS SDS supercharger system thread (MERGE)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2003 | 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by uranium9v
I'm interested in hearing from someone other than BlazeOZ who have the kit FOR THE LANCER...I could care less how easy/hard it is to put into a V6 Eclipse.
evolutionm.net :: US Lancer Forums :: US Lancer (ES, LS, OZ) Tech Forums :: US Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech

OH DAMN! we ARE in the LANCER forum!
translation: my sentiments exactly
Old Nov 21, 2003 | 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

ross expect a call
Old Nov 21, 2003 | 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Getting back on topic, I spent some time with the Lancer Last night, doing the run maps on the highway, mostly part throttle and cruising maps...

The power maps will be done on the DYNO shortly; I was particularly impressed with the engine ability to move 10psi.... seems very willing to suck it up...

The Camry (Sister project now laying down 191whp/197lb/ft torque at 10-11psi) seems to stretch into the power band and really need more RPM for it to utilize it; on our end you can see it with the timing. But the Lancer doesn’t seem to have a problem dealing with the CFM, having not had one apart yet, we don't know what kind of CFM the heads flow... but from what we have seen, it's impressive.

The Methanol/water injection seems to be taking nicely also, though as we mentioned the stock injectors are falling short, we feel the large injectors will cure this lean spot we have during initial boosting...The air temp are dropping down form 191+/- to 100-120+/- with the spray on, but we are seeing this lean area from time to time in our DATA logging.

Comparing our notes we see a pattern with the Meth/water that’s much different than we are accustom to with our 4cyl 2.4liter Eclipse projects (Now laying down 289whp/259lb/ft torque at 11-12psi stock internals). Seems like the smaller engine likes the spray intercooler at lower RPM’s, which means the intercooler will raise our torque numbers at lower RPM’s, Always a nice sign from smaller displacement engines.

None the less, the Lancers power band start real low and climes strongly all the way up to red line at 6200 a quick shift will chirp third with authority, even with BlazinOZ’s sticky Enkie and Yokohama Parada combination. Boost comes on real early now, seeing 2-3psi almost immediately in the sub 3000rpms, 5, 6, 7psi in the mid power band and 10psi at 4000+/- through 6200 clean. So as the RPM’s go up the SC gently brings in the boost curve, feeding the engine the air it needs to make power were its missing.

Really the nicest feature of the SC (in all our applications) is the shifts, unlike the Turbo there is no lag, but the most impressive part is the shift, if you lift, shift (9psi)and come back on the boost will come right back on at the point (9psi) you left off. So there is no lag in between shifts, makes for a lot of fun entering and exiting corners, it also makes the engine feel a lot bigger than it is, almost as though the charger isn’t there, but a part of the way it makes power.

Next up:
Injectors go in today, maps get cleaned up, off to the DYNO... results soon...

Shooting for 190-225whp clean! And on from there….

Ross
Old Nov 21, 2003 | 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

That's sounds sweet man. Can't wait to hear the dyno numbers. I want to go for a test drive in it too. Keep up the good work RIPP!
Old Nov 22, 2003 | 03:53 PM

sorry i havent posted in a while guys but i have been really busy with some personal issues.... anyway i just wanted to say that im glad the bashing is over on both parts. i thought the car pulled before i really cant wait to see how it drives now. u will all know when it comes back and what it layed down as soon as i do then we will let the numbers do all the talking. and as for customer service ive never done business with any company for any product that has been as informative and understanding as RIPP. and rawdog if u want a test drive ur gonna have to come to hopewell and ill give u a spin... so ill leave it at this until i post again with happy stories of lots of HP and messing around with whoever wants some on my drive home on the jersey turnpike....
Old Nov 22, 2003 | 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

you got anymore pics of your engine bay BLaZeNoZ ?
Old Nov 22, 2003 | 04:00 PM

no but im going down with a digi cam when i pick it up and i will take pics while im there for everyone
Old Nov 23, 2003 | 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Mr. Ross Esposito...I saw you on Funkmaster Flex's show. You got quite a bit of customers there. Audi, Eclipse and a Honda. I just thought that it was kool to see Staten Island again. Being in the Air Force sucks, I wanna go see all my friends in Staten Island. =(
Old Nov 23, 2003 | 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

cool what episode?
Old Nov 23, 2003 | 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Mitsubishi_03
cool what episode?
The one with Ludacris
Old Nov 24, 2003 | 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

BlazeNoz, we should set up a Lancer/Evo meet so I can meet you and go for a ride in your car. I am glad everything is turning out good for you and RIPP with regards to the Supercharger. I will start a new thread in Northeast Region for a meet.

-Ryan.
Old Nov 24, 2003 | 12:01 PM

im deff down ive havent been able to make it to any of the meets yet and ive really wanted to so if u can get one goin im down..
Old Nov 24, 2003 | 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Im pretty sure Boe works for RRM now, so I do believe his comments will reflect on RRM, weither Rob agrees or not. I think in the past Boe has put down products from companies other than RRM, but that is his choice. I feel Boes comments here reflect first hand experience, and he said it in the least objective manner. I think people over-reacted to Boes comments.

Back to the topic, does anyone have pictures of this supercharger installed???
Old Nov 24, 2003 | 12:21 PM

here is one
Attached Thumbnails RIPP MODS SDS supercharger system thread (MERGE)-mvc-010f.jpg  
Old Nov 24, 2003 | 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

*squirt squirt* dood....stop, lol. as pretty as b4 *sigh* ...envy.

Quick Reply: RIPP MODS SDS supercharger system thread (MERGE)