Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Lancer Rom Disassembly--CLICK HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
Good info added!!!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lances
Can someone tell me if the disassembler on this page will help us at all? Its down toward the bottom says for SH-1/SH-2
http://www.trzy.org/
Well...he's got written a C++ funtion it looks like, that does the SH2 dissembling, but I don't have the means to test it right now...nor would I know if the output was helpful. To tell you the truth, if we make a way around IDAPro...it may just cause problems when trying to "interface" with guys like tephra who use it. I know that's not helpful, because I'm advocating spending 500 dollars....Does Tephra have/use the full version? It sounds like it from that thread you posted where he "how-to's" the whole thing real briefly.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
There is a free version of Idapro - Version 4.9 or something...

its quiet expensive, so none of us have bought it...

-- you need to define everything from scratch basically...
This is a post from last year and what gives me hope I dont need the full version
I am not afraid of a little leg work or even alot if it saves me some $$$
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

This is a post from last year and what gives me hope I dont need the full version
I am not afraid of a little leg work or even alot if it saves me some $$$

Yeah it seems tephra isnt using the full version one and is still able to work with the ROM's
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

This plugin looks promising and might help us when we get that darn processor applied
http://www.openrce.org/downloads/det...IDA_Extra_Pass
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Kinda off topic but if a mod could move this to the engine managment/tuning forums that would be great. Thought thats where I put it originally but guess not.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
maybe we should all just pitch in some money one of us takes it to a det can tuner and we can share the results
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
maybe we should all just pitch in some money one of us takes it to a det can tuner and we can share the results
I'm calling MZM performance after Thanksgiving to see if they are willing to tune my car. They say they charge like, 260 or so, but I don't know how they feel about my custom turbo. Some of the guys I've talked to said, "no way man, I'm not putting a custom turbo like that on my dyno...not even if you do the tuning, and sign a waiver" I understand why they would say that, and frankly...I don't even trust my car right now. Every single thing that happens I get a little scared I'm about to need the fire extinguisher.

Anyhow, good idea I think. I'm going to make the detcans, and if it works, then I may be able to post something that works. I'd like to see how everyone is doing now, like I posted in the other thread.

In the efforts of staying "on topic", has anyone confirmed that they do or do not have knock by pulling the plugs after a WOT pull? And more in line with the dissasembly, I'd like to see a confirmation from one of the "big wigs" about if we truely have 1 multiplier, or if there is a second one that RoadSpike may have just missed.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
If they dont want to work with you then thats not a good business, I had alot of companies near the dallas area that want to work with my car because they all say its a cool set up and I never seen one before

I got a guy who will tune your car for $250 for 2 hours and if it takes longer than 2 hours he will keep tuning the car until its done for free!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
If they dont want to work with you then thats not a good business, I had alot of companies near the dallas area that want to work with my car because they all say its a cool set up and I never seen one before

I got a guy who will tune your car for $250 for 2 hours and if it takes longer than 2 hours he will keep tuning the car until its done for free!
Only thing that would make me nervous there is will he do a quality job if it takes longer than 2 hours? Or will he try to wrap it up as soon as possible possibly skipping steps? Not trying to hate on your tuner or anything as $250 is still in the low ballpark of pro tune just stuff I always think about
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Only thing that would make me nervous there is will he do a quality job if it takes longer than 2 hours? Or will he try to wrap it up as soon as possible possibly skipping steps? Not trying to hate on your tuner or anything as $250 is still in the low ballpark of pro tune just stuff I always think about
I agree dude, gotta have the quality to back it up. I am thinking MZM's price was for an evo tune, so a custom tune is going to be....well lets just say much more expensive, because things like the knock sensors, and all that stuff are going to be much more work.

Wait...so if tephra doesn't use pro ida, what does he use then???? Where did the plugin come from, or what.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Check your pms ppl
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

So I am pouring over our stock rom trying to figure this out. Its exciting I am starting to understand the very basic fundamentals of how this works by reading that post Mistu linked about reading hex and using my XML to find the various addresses already known as certain functions and going through steps outlined in these various tutorials in the evo section. Cant wait until I can actually start posting some results
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

hey, add this too: http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Main_Page
and:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/X86_Dis..._Disassemblers

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...assembler.html

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=99460&p=1
(forums about ecu hacking)

EDIT:added another one

Last edited by ClixT; Nov 24, 2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Good deal man added . So I have succesfully been able to disasemble the rom into what looks to me like the different subroutines. Cant make heads or tails of that info yet but at least I can view that info now!!!!

Quick Reply: Lancer Rom Disassembly--CLICK HERE!!!