Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

thinking about going turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well in theory he should be able to install the RRM turbo himself, no labor charge. However, it is RRM we're talking about so I'm certainly not about to assume their turbo as easy as they claim.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 02:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
whats the difference man? you either spend the money on forum parts (cheap) and $3k in labor, or you spend $4200 on the RRM kit and $3k in labor.....how would RRM be cheaper?
the difference is RRM won't cost 3k in labor (not to mention all the parts are new so I don't need to worry about parts failing). I will be able to get an actual quoted price for the install instead of being told "well we don't know how the kit you piece together will work so we can't give you a quote since we don't know how long it will take to install"
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put it in your garage, work on it for a month and you will get it done! After your done, you will feel great for accomplishing something yourself and learn about the car in the process
Old Jan 9, 2011, 02:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Koa257
Put it in your garage, work on it for a month and you will get it done! After your done, you will feel great for accomplishing something yourself and learn about the car in the process
I don't have a garage or a month to work on it since the car is my dd
Old Jan 17, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

so... I decided against turbocharging the lancer... I thought about it and for the cost and the whole idea of voiding my warrantyand decided its not worth it.

I'm going to take the money and buy another car. I am going to look at a eclipse tomorrow if you guys have time take a peek at this thread and let me know what you think https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...ml#post8996874
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ozdriver
so... I decided against turbocharging the lancer... I thought about it and for the cost and the whole idea of voiding my warrantyand decided its not worth it.

I'm going to take the money and buy another car. I am going to look at a eclipse tomorrow if you guys have time take a peek at this thread and let me know what you think https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...ml#post8996874
shouldve never started this thread if your gona chicken out.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

shouldve never started this thread if your gona chicken out.
I don't see it that way... I see it as the smart thing to do. my lancer only has 15,000 miles on it so I would be voiding 85,000 miles worth of a warranty and it will cost me over 5000.00 to do it for what 6lbs of boost. I can buy this GSX for 1500.00 put less than 1000.00 into it and have a car that will out perform the lancer and I will be able to boost like crazy
Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:03 PM

I don't see it that way... I see it as the smart thing to do. my lancer only has 15,000 miles on it so I would be voiding 85,000 miles worth of a warranty and it will cost me over 5000.00 to do it for what 6lbs of boost. I can buy this GSX for 1500.00 put less than 1000.00 into it and have a car that will out perform the lancer and I will be able to boost like crazy
seems like you were clear before you started a thread with no meaning in it
Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

seems like you were clear before you started a thread with no meaning in it
obviously you didn't read the first post where I was asking for information on how much the project would cost and whether or not it would be a reliable system.

for 5k+ why not buy a car that has a better foundation to build off of this way I have 2 cars and if something breaks I'm not screwed.

if you don't like the thread or what I have decided to do then don't read it. I don't see what it matters if I decided to turbo or not this thread may be useful to someone else.

on another note welcome to the forum I'm glad you joined less than 2 months ago have 24 posts and already think you own the place
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:17 PM

obviously you didn't read the first post where I was asking for information on how much the project would cost and whether or not it would be a reliable system.

for 5k+ why not buy a car that has a better foundation to build off of this way I have 2 cars and if something breaks I'm not screwed.

if you don't like the thread or what I have decided to do then don't read it. I don't see what it matters if I decided to turbo or not this thread may be useful to someone else.

on another note welcome to the forum I'm glad you joined less than 2 months ago have 24 posts and already think you own the place
200+ post and still need to ask about turbo prices. OH NO 5K+ BUY NEW CAR. pretty obvious.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

The thread is called "Thinking about going turbo", not "I'm def going turbo so everyone get butthurt when I suddenly choose not to."
Old Jan 21, 2011, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Panis
The thread is called "Thinking about going turbo", not "I'm def going turbo so everyone get butthurt when I suddenly choose not to."
Thank you,
Old Jan 21, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

200+ post and still need to ask about turbo prices. OH NO 5K+ BUY NEW CAR. pretty obvious.
200+ posts because I have been a member since 2004...originally I owned a 03 lancer. I have offered help to people that I could help and have had lots of people help me along the way.

Basically what I am saying is I have been a good contributing member of this forum for over 6 years.......you have been here for two months and most of your posts are either flaming other Peoples posts calling something they like "steamy rice" or saying "sick car" or asking how reliable a cvt Turbo is... really how reliable is a CVT trans with a turbo I could have told you to do a search since that topic had only been covered like 30 times in the past 2 months.

Last edited by Ozdriver; Jan 21, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

I see misinterprettations ( cant spell)