Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Who Is Running The Most Boost?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2003, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who Is Running The Most Boost?

Just curious to how much boost everyone is running. Who is running the most. How much? Any problems?
Will be boosting soon- have to break in the new JE's
Old Dec 10, 2003, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

I run 6 lbs daily.. Have had it up to 8 for a little fun ride. But I run 6 daily, no problems at all so far.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by LancerO-Z
I run 6 lbs daily.. Have had it up to 8 for a little fun ride. But I run 6 daily, no problems at all so far.
Do you have JE pistons?
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

i run a little over 8 psi ( its in bar so i cant remember what it is exactly) with no pistons, its fun cant wait till i get to turn it up when i get some internals. but you know road race is turnin lots of boost on that drag car, i thinks its at least 12 but they have the pistons

Last edited by gokusupersaiyen; Dec 10, 2003 at 07:54 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

No I don't have JE pistons. I am gonna get them eventually, just not sure when.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heh, i'd like to see the first Lancer to push 20psi...just like the Evo...that'd take a lot of engine work though. but would still be cool!! and wuts up with ppl sayign the ralliart 5spd beats turbo lancers...is this true?? if it is...that blows
Old Dec 10, 2003, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

jeff from mlc is pushing 16.5 or 19.5 psi..i forgot which one im thinking it's 16.5..but either way it's up there. he has his engine bored to a 2.5L engine with drag pistons and rods in. yea, true fun there.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Drive02Lancer
heh, i'd like to see the first Lancer to push 20psi...just like the Evo...that'd take a lot of engine work though. but would still be cool!! and wuts up with ppl sayign the ralliart 5spd beats turbo lancers...is this true?? if it is...that blows
i am the one that posted that the ralliart 5 speed beat my auto turbo at 5 psi. i had low tire pressure so that caused some problems.

I am sure it would be close, i am gonna be running 6 or 7 psi soon.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 10:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U guys gotta keep in mind, not only the engine internals gotta beefed up, but the transmission cannot handle more than a certain PSI.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

i'm running 9 psi daily and as soon as the weather lets me, i'll be putting a new actuator on that'll put me up to 12 or 14. but then again, i'm not driving a lancer
Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If I can find a solution to my fuel problem, expect relatively high boost from me in the spring/summer.

Running 20psi would probably take less engine work than you think. Decompress to 9.0:1, forged pistons and connecting rods, possible knife edged crank (dunno if that's necessary, but I believe it probably would be at that level), a P&P on the head and a new valve train. Viola! Basically as long as there's fuel, there is boost. Obviously you'd need a new clutch. And you may run into problems with exploding axels at some point along the line, but nobody really knows right now. At any rate, I plan on running around 1 bar daily when I get my car back together and get to the root of my fuel delivery problem.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 02:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek
If I can find a solution to my fuel problem, expect relatively high boost from me in the spring/summer.

Running 20psi would probably take less engine work than you think. Decompress to 9.0:1, forged pistons and connecting rods, possible knife edged crank (dunno if that's necessary, but I believe it probably would be at that level), a P&P on the head and a new valve train. Viola! Basically as long as there's fuel, there is boost. Obviously you'd need a new clutch. And you may run into problems with exploding axels at some point along the line, but nobody really knows right now. At any rate, I plan on running around 1 bar daily when I get my car back together and get to the root of my fuel delivery problem.
Offtopic: How much did it run you total for new clutch install including labor?? Did you use the one from roadrace or something else?
Old Dec 11, 2003, 03:22 AM
Evolved Member

i run 7-8 psi daily.. guru.. how did u lose to a ralli art????
Old Dec 11, 2003, 06:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by initialDRacer

Offtopic: How much did it run you total for new clutch install including labor?? Did you use the one from roadrace or something else?
It's in the registry and I made a thread about it in drivetrain tech. 1.8l Mirage Clutchmasters stage 4, 4 puck, sprung hub. Clutch and pressure plate fit fine, TO bearing will not. I'm still on the original stock one.

Clutch and pressure plate w/ TO bearing and alignment were $425 shipped. Labor from BM Tranny was something like $250-$275 if I remember correctly. Took about 2 hours and it would have gone faster if the day wasn't so busy and Keith wasn't such a bum. (j/p) It was only the second Lancer clutch they'd replaced and disconnecting the axel from the suspension took a bit of time and effort. It's an install I could definitely do myself, but wouldn't advise unless you can get your car a good bit off the ground. You definitely need room to work.

Anyway, I'm glad I did it then even if the clutch was a bit of overkill (it's still fine daily driving, just a bit crunchy on low RPM launches) because it's only less thing I'll have to worry about as I continue to build my car. ...Or one more thing with my luck.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

15 for normal driving around I will go up to 17 but then I get some fuel trouble 17-18.

Quick Reply: Who Is Running The Most Boost?