Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

turbo lancer dyno results

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2002, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, I was just trying to put it into layman's terms... and I went a bit over... misread the easy drivability at high boost as, easier to have high boost. My apologies.

As for JR, could we just safely say that they're biased, triple diamond hating a-holes?

sidenote: my last name just happens to be the same as romeo, and are you referring to T-Money from the American Gladiator's-esque Battle Dome, who also appeared briefly in Training Day?

Last edited by StreetLancer; Jul 25, 2002 at 08:05 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

I'll answer both of those questions with a no. Business is business.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

I was just trying to put a light spin on JR's business practice. I don't think it's anything personal against Mitsu, of course.

Though, I find it strange that they don't even cater to the non-turbo Eclipse/Talon crowd. Even companies that are usually exclusively for another set of car manufacturers cater to them. Like Stillen for instance that only really does Nissan and Toyota/Lexus otherwise. Just kind of strange, is all.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 08:50 AM

Little late to reply

IF what I'm reading is correct through emails to ROB and reading the forum, the Road Race turbo is COMPLETE (nothing else to add), but the RPW kit has to add a computer and possibly some other stuff. Am I correct in this?
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing you need in the RPW kit is the intercooler piping and an intercooler (if you run more then like 6 psi). The only reason I needed more stuff was because I bought mine for a mirage from RPW before a turbo kit was rarely talked about for the OZ being reality. So now they have a 95% complete kit.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BARSE YOU ARE CORRECT!!!

ROAD/RACE Turbo kit is complete... COMPLETE. Don't underestimate the difficulty of completing a kit yourself or tuning. Dyno time ain't cheap. Our basic kit will not require you to tune it. Some kits require a lot of stuff that they do not incclude in the price. As for extra piping, we give you all the piping. We even powder coat piping for you as well. Some kits come with no piping. All piping means= no extra piping needed for external wastegate. No piping= No piping. Zlancer paid about $800 for piping.

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:40 AM

hey rock, im not planning to get a turbo kit till like next year, will rrm still be makin the kits? thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes we will keep making them. Just in limited numbers right now.

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:45 AM

arent they runnin like $4000 right now? do you think the price will lower by next year? and thats at 6psi, correct? 8psi with intercooler?
Old Aug 26, 2002, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

$3800 with intercooler, $33 without. Might go down in price later but hard to tell. The price is not bad considering you just install it. No trips to muffler shop, dyno, parts store, intercooler store, painter. You don't have to weld anything, cut anything, paint anything, get anything, tune anything, drill anything, wrap anything......

ROAD/RACE

Old Aug 26, 2002, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The RPW turbo kit is supplied with everything including dump pipe to cat converter, injectors, internal wastegate, blow off valve, oil and water lines (Teflon coated rose joint hoses), rising fuel pressure regulator unit, thermo fans, turbo manifold, Garret GT-28 ball bearing turbo (Rated to 350hp).

The items not supplied are the intercooler and associated intercooler piping and computer which are items that you can readily source by your chosen fitter.

This way our kit comes standard at 5 psi for those who do not want to fit an intercooler or 7 psi for those that do.

Our kits are always available at any time and we can put it together within 1 week of ordering subject to sales this week.

Our kits are sent worldwide - we just finished sending off two mroe kits this week one for a Mivec Lancer in West Indies and another turbo kit to a Lancer in India.

With the Lancer now available with the 2.0 in Australia we will also be doing more research on the lancer with even more options on the turbo gear including the turbo grind camshafts etc.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:37 PM

So Rock, what kinda power are you adding with and without the intercooler? In other words what kinda power are you adding for the extra $500?