Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

turbo lancer dyno results

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turbo lancer dyno results

well...i'm still running lean because i need a fule pressure regulator. air/fule ratio is 15.1:1 on average with 142 HP to the wheels. I'm getting my intake piping redone this week at Turbotrix in northern NJ. Then when i get the regulator i'll dyno it once again.

** 142 hp wheels
** 148.6 torque

Last edited by zlancer; Jul 1, 2002 at 12:45 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Good to finally get it diagnosed, right?

Good luck in the tuning phase. Hope you get it settled this time.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Hope everything works out.
Good luck.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

You are probably going lean if you're still using stock injectors . . . they should be 210cc like my motor and the 3g GT.

If you go to RC engineering site and plug in 210cc into their flow rate for
max HP (at 80% cycle) before the injectors get stuck. Also, with turbo setup, by default you need to upgrade the fuel pump according to how much HP that you're trying to bang out.

Look up www.vfaq.com . . . there is a cheap trick you can boost up the voltage of your fuel pump. Same principle applies to DSM or Supra guys and etc.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

i have a new fule pump and modified injectors. i need more pressure.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Looking good Z. thats about a 40+ hp increase to the wheels, so about 55-60 HP increase to flywheel. Hope that shows people it's worth it to get a turbo for your lancer, becuase it will be very hard to hit 142 hp to wheels with the common mods. you will end up spending just as much for that so why not just get a turbo. c'mon everyone me and Z need some turbo teamates :P

werd 2 lancer turbos
Old Jul 20, 2002, 06:30 AM

Cool damn right

As soon as RRM gets the turbo kit done, I'm There!
Old Jul 20, 2002, 05:40 PM

Duh

So what was the cost for this 40-45horsepower gain? sum 3000.00 dollars right? Is that all the potential is in the Lancer? IF so i wont be spending the money on a turbo. Youve got to ask your self if the money is worth it. Even after the turbo plenty of cars will still be WHOOPING YOUR ***. And i bet they do it stock. I drive a Lancer as well but obviously its more show than go.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

ok well speedyst9 you obviously don't know what is going on. My car is still not finished. i gained 40 hp to the wheels running ONLY 5 PSI! with my air/fuel ratio 15:1. and extreamly ****ty piping. i'm getting the piping fixed monday the 21st and that is like 10 more hp to the wheels just with new piping. then when i get my fuel pressure regulator put on i'll have another 15 hp with the added fuel. so thats a 65 hp gain TO THE WHEELS and like an 80 hp gain to the motor...thats an AMAZING amount while running it a 5 PSI. i'm boosting it up to 8 psi once the fuel is fixed and that is about another 30 HP to the WHEELS. (rule of thumb 7-10 HP per PSI of boost to the wheels. so going from 103.6 to the wheels to about 200 hp to the wheels for around $4000 is more then enough if you ask me to a car that was never ment for a turbo.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

I totally agree. To push a car thats only a lil over 100 hp to 200 hp for $4000 is pretty damn good. I give both boni an zlancer props for being one of the first people to venture into the world of turbo. The more power to both you guys.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

ill be in the turbo gig very very soon
Old Jul 21, 2002, 01:06 AM

Your right...

Your right. I did not know the deal. Sorry i started spouting off about your lancers. Im not a hater or anything. My car is an automatic so I only would be able to run a 6 psi. Guess I'm just a little bitter I don't have one on my ride yet. Im looking to see the gains on an automatic. Sorry guys..
Old Jul 21, 2002, 02:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Do a search for the RRM Auto Lancer turbo install. Talk about a clean, pretty job. Unfortunately I'm kinda woozy and too lazy to search, but I assure you it's out there.

Again, no offense to boni's car, but this thing looks even cleaner.

Can't even wait till I pay off my damn car. Next step after that: TC.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pics you saw of Boni's car was before pipes were powder coated and all colored hoses and stuff. I think his was even nicer than the AutoLancer we did.

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Jul 22, 2002, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Turbo Kits

People may not be aware of this but the RPW basic kits are perfectly suitable for both manual and auto models and can be run without an itnercooler where asked as we set the boost via a modified regulator to 5 psi as a starting point, and when they are ready they can either change the regulator or fit a boost controller to run high boost levels.

Also many people don't realise but ZLancers kit is using an internal wastegate not an external one which shows that you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a lot of power when running boost levels below the 15 psi bracket.

There are no mods needed to run our system on either a manuel or auto model the kit is the same that fits both applications.

With the availability of the lancer now in Australia we are going to be able to do even more devleopment work on the car for even better mods.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au