Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Turbo lines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo lines

I want to order my turbo lines by tomorrow because I can't put it off anymore. So I need advice on what to get for them.

Oil Feed Line:

I have the glowshift sandwich adapter that I plan to use for the oil feed and oil pressure sensor so I know I need an adapter that has one side as a 1/8th npt.

So I will need a 1/8th NPT to -4AN fitting correct?? Do I need to it at a certain angle or anything like that??

I'll need 3 or 4 feet of -4 AN steel braided hose??

I know I'm missing something else for the oil feed line, what is it??

Oil Return Line:

Cut the stock line at the last ring and use a 5/8th heater hose line. How much do I need for that, like how many feet??

I need a 5/8th barb to hose fitting to tap into the oil pan correct??

On the stock line to heater hose I can just use a clamp correct??

Anything else I'm missing here.

I don't want to skimp out on this very important part of the turbo build so let me know what I need. I want to make sure I get the correct and quality parts. If you a better method let me know but be specific and separate it between oil feed and oil return line.

Once I figure this out I will figure out the coolant line and vaccuum lines and other miscellaneaous things I might need but I need to figure this out first so I can sleep at night.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by slatermvp
I want to order my turbo lines by tomorrow because I can't put it off anymore. So I need advice on what to get for them.

Oil Feed Line:

I have the glowshift sandwich adapter that I plan to use for the oil feed and oil pressure sensor so I know I need an adapter that has one side as a 1/8th npt.

So I will need a 1/8th NPT to -4AN fitting correct?? Do I need to it at a certain angle or anything like that??

I'll need 3 or 4 feet of -4 AN steel braided hose??

I know I'm missing something else for the oil feed line, what is it??

Oil Return Line:

Cut the stock line at the last ring and use a 5/8th heater hose line. How much do I need for that, like how many feet??

I need a 5/8th barb to hose fitting to tap into the oil pan correct??

On the stock line to heater hose I can just use a clamp correct??

Anything else I'm missing here.

I don't want to skimp out on this very important part of the turbo build so let me know what I need. I want to make sure I get the correct and quality parts. If you a better method let me know but be specific and separate it between oil feed and oil return line.

Once I figure this out I will figure out the coolant line and vaccuum lines and other miscellaneaous things I might need but I need to figure this out first so I can sleep at night.

Go with a straight end that screws into the sandwhich adapter, then the part that connects to the turbo get a 90 dgeree angle so it steers itself from the turbo, but be careful though so it doesnt touch the turbo, have it bend up a little bit and the pounds of torque on the banjo nut will secure the line in place.

Weld the pan bro don't tap it will work either way, but welding secures you in 2 ways

1 - no leaks in the future

2 - if you need to go N/A get a bolt that screws in to seal the hole and now you have a universal oil pan. Welding will cost $80.00 per hour, it takes 20 mins to weld it so spend the $40.00 and do it right I love my weld on!!!

Size return will be 10 AN all the way through to the turbo.

lines you can use a clamp I have for my radiator hose and it works just fine.

If you need more information just go back to my thread I asked the same questions and I got the answers. Its alot more simple that way. + I have alot of pics

let me add one more thing just collect alot of pics from turbo builds and make a folder of it so if you have a question you can look back and you don't have to ask it. I had over 100+ pics from peoples builds and that help me determine the best way to make my turbo work. its been a year since the build and I had no issues + I was boosting at 15 pounds that will tell you alot