Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Full Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Exhaust Question

I have a 2010 Lancer GTS (PZEV model) with a GReddy Racing ti-C axle back exhaust...I'm looking into getting the RRM headers + down pipe. My issue here is I'm trying to get some additional HP out of it, but with the PZEV model, I have a small resonator on the back half (near the axle back), the CAT, and maybe even one near the down pipe. As for sound, it's really muffled and somewhat hard to hear. I don't want it to sound like a giant Civic fart can, but some additional sound could be appreciated. My question to everybody is; do you know where to find a straight pipe or test pipe that will limit the flow of exhaust. I'm still kind of new to the modding world, but my research has turned up nothing so far. I know my car, which has the CVT tranny, isn't going to produce 300whp, so I'm looking into modding the suspension, braking, and some additional horsepower that will help pull me out of the turns of the back roads I have around here. Thanks ahead of time for all the helpful answers.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok u can eithet run rrm or other headers with a test pipe where ur first cat is at (downpipe) as for ur mid pipe it has a cat first and a resonator second what i did was remove both , install an o2 bung in the resonator place (weld) a piece of pipe where the resonator used to be and weld the new bunges resonator where the old 2nd cat used to be , this way first u dont get a cel of that o2 sensor cuz the resonator filters the smoke a lil . If someone looks under ur car it looks like u have a cat and u get a free flow .
As for the headers u can get some ebay civic headers , cut ur oem exhaust manifold flange and weld it to the $50 headers now let me tell u all this will bring u a lil more power but i doubt it will reach the 10 whp i had it