Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

2013 lance es misfires pls help

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2013 | 08:07 PM

2013 lance es misfires pls help

I have 2013 lancer es and doing an evo x turbo swap. Reflased 2013 gsr rom to ecu then uploaded the 2013 gsr stock rom and now car turns on but misfires. Got new spark plugs but i might have mixed up the ignition coils and i read up on that and ppl are saying there is a particular order the coils go which is 4123 with the firing order of 1342. Is there a way to identify which number is which coil? Ppl say the number is on the part where u bolt on the coil. The number i see on my coils is 7 and 8 two of them says 7 the other 2 says 8. Does the order of the coil even matter? Going from left to right the first two arent sparking at all only the third and fourth is sparking. When i start the car it turns on for like 3 seconds and sounds horrible and then it dies.Any info would be great. Thanks!

Last edited by Lisa531; May 27, 2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old May 30, 2013 | 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lisa531
I have 2013 lancer es and doing an evo x turbo swap. Reflased 2013 gsr rom to ecu then uploaded the 2013 gsr stock rom and now car turns on but misfires. Got new spark plugs but i might have mixed up the ignition coils and i read up on that and ppl are saying there is a particular order the coils go which is 4123 with the firing order of 1342. Is there a way to identify which number is which coil? Ppl say the number is on the part where u bolt on the coil. The number i see on my coils is 7 and 8 two of them says 7 the other 2 says 8. Does the order of the coil even matter? Going from left to right the first two arent sparking at all only the third and fourth is sparking. When i start the car it turns on for like 3 seconds and sounds horrible and then it dies.Any info would be great. Thanks!
Can't answer all the questions because I've never see the ignition setup on a lancer except for the CT9A body style which is the 8 and 9 evo types.

But for a start the coils don't need to be "ordered" by part number they should all have the same part numbers to begin with. What your seeing is probably a casting number indicating what factory it came from or a batch number, *shrugs*. In any case the import bit is what order they plug into.

It looks like you got coil over plug ignition on these newer cars that's pretty nice. You should start checking to see if you have a coil problem or an electrical issue. Do this by swapping the non working coils with the working ones. If the problem flops to the other side the coils are bad otherwise its electrical in nature.

Since you mentioned you flashed you car with another rom try flashing back to stock. It is possible the ports used in the GSR rom do not match the ports on the base lancer. If this fixes the problem then you'll have to find someone to give you a custom rom.