Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

new dyno results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2002, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 1.8 mirage 160whp @12psi that suck's plzz help my bro.

my little bro just got a mirage ls four door and he is plannig to turbo chrage it very soon like in there weeks .but after seeing the post you just put about a mirage with your turbo kit @12 psi only produceing 160whp he got very angry.he is angry tht my lancer a 5psi with a not so perfect setup is makeing the same wheel hp as the miarge at 12 psi.is there any way to change that number by changeing internals or something because i seen 1.8 mirage 's doing 230 whp @ 10 psi at the track and some doing 12 to 13 's int the 1/4 mile plzz e-mail me back with more info on your turbo kit on the lancer and the mirage turbo kits.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 10:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Look at RPW's kits and dyno sheets on Mirages.

http://www.rpw.com.au

And try the Mirage forums for him. http://www.mirageforums.com will redirect you to the right site.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Re: 1.8 mirage 160whp @12psi that suck's plzz help my bro.

Originally posted by lancer560
my little bro just got a mirage ls four door and he is plannig to turbo chrage it very soon like in there weeks .but after seeing the post you just put about a mirage with your turbo kit @12 psi only produceing 160whp he got very angry.he is angry tht my lancer a 5psi with a not so perfect setup is makeing the same wheel hp as the miarge at 12 psi.is there any way to change that number by changeing internals or something because i seen 1.8 mirage 's doing 230 whp @ 10 psi at the track and some doing 12 to 13 's int the 1/4 mile plzz e-mail me back with more info on your turbo kit on the lancer and the mirage turbo kits.
It's called displacement. There is no replacement for displacement.

Then again, what specs on your car compared to rpw's car.

Last edited by bahamut; Oct 16, 2002 at 10:05 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2002, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Well, those Mirages down at the track probably have better internals. This Mirage Mitsiman is talking about is pretty nice. I'm guessing that we're saying 160WHP right?

I'm new to TC and all. Thanks to Hobie for providing that HowThingsWork link.

So to guard against detonation, intercoolers are an easy answer right? And the only way to avoid running to rich but maintaining a high boost is to bore out your engine and get better pistons right?

--- Kei
Old Oct 19, 2002, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

"So to guard against detonation, intercoolers are an easy answer right? And the only way to avoid running to rich but maintaining a high boost is to bore out your engine and get better pistons right?"

Not really exactly. Close.

IC is to cool the combustion down a bit, so you may boost a bit more. Colder air = more HP.

Running rich on TC is okay but not too rich (bogging down). Rich condition prevents leanness (not enough fuel mixture w/ the forced air); in turn, hot temp will blow stuff up like bent conrods, cracked cyl head, scorched piston heads, gasket leaks, etc)

More stroke (longer) = more TQ.
Slightly bigger bore = a general increase in the powerband (basically, fatter power curve, instead of sharp linear ones),

Then again, I do believe the 4g94 has reached the max bore from the 4g9x series (there is a debate amongst us. no way to confirm unless someone cracks open the block and measure and see any possible space between the cyl walls).
Old Oct 21, 2002, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.boostaholic.net/pictures/site/felixdyno.jpg

http://www.boostaholic.net/pictures/site/felixdyno1.jpg

The above is the mirage dyno. Go to http://www.boostaholic.net and hit the link for Felix and see his TC setup. It's untuned.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...e&pagenumber=2

Further past discussion.

The T3 comes in trim:40, 45, 50, 60, and S60 (super 60 if I'm correct). Gotten this from my turbonetics brochure . . . you can also look up their site.

Remember your GT28 is different in size to a regular T28 (non ball-bearing). Also, the esteemed RPW uses 300cc injectors compared to this mirage using 450cc injectors off a 2g manual. The porential is much higher w/o fuel starvation.

Last edited by bahamut; Oct 21, 2002 at 10:56 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2002, 10:57 PM
Account Disabled

Like I have stated before on this board, buddy with 1.8 mirage on bone stock motor, 7psi 193hp 195 tq. Later at 12psi he put down 236hp and 246tq and this is without any good tuning.This is not professional turbo kit either is a homemade one we put together and my friend built the manifold. It is with a 60trim t3 which is smaller than your GT28.

9:5:1 compression is fine for 10-14psi or so key thing I would say is fuel and you definately need something to control timing with.

You will get a nice bump in power going from 5psi to 8psi.
Evolving Member

Ouch, Geo got the smackdown! Heheh..
Yeah those #'s sound pretty warped. Are you sure you weren' t thinking of a different car, like not a Mirage? Because I've never seen anyone run with a STOCK engine running 14psi, unless it was built like that i.e. WRX, or Eclipse, and I dunno. Just can it, I've heard way too much bull this past weekend.
Some guy tells me he smoked a GSR with his LS Integ...

--- Kei
Evolved Member

What the heck? My post is out of order!!!!
Old Oct 21, 2002, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah those #'s sound pretty warped. Are you sure you weren' t thinking of a different car, like not a Mirage? Because I've never seen anyone run with a STOCK engine running 14psi, unless it was built like that i.e. WRX, or Eclipse, and I dunno. Just can it, I've heard way too much bull this past weekend.

--- Kei

(WTF is up with the posts???)
Old Oct 21, 2002, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by visualkei72

--- Kei
Right now, that car is running on stock engine around 13 lbs of boost.

Don't know if those past dyno numbers had his upgraded pistons and conrods or not. Also, there are 2 different #'s at different times.

Last edited by bahamut; Oct 21, 2002 at 11:04 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2002, 01:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahhh are you on crack? 10-14 psi is NOT ok with a CR of 9.5:1 with stock internals. whoever told you that is foolish. also those HP numbers are too high...don't bull**** a bull****ter. i've seen turbo mirages dynoed and none came close to 190 hp with perfect setups and proper tuning. 165-170 was the hp range at 8 psi.

also i don't think the T3 comes in 60 trim..the biggest is 56 and the T3 is bigger then a T28.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

Holy lord! That's insane....I'm speechless.

--- Kei
Old Oct 25, 2002, 09:09 PM

Talking about Mitsu Mirages... what would you guys think if i told you i knew of a mirage running 868HP!!!
Old Oct 25, 2002, 09:16 PM

Lancer560 - If your little brother is serious about mods on his mirage he needs to take a trip down to puerto rico. If you know anyone who is puerto rican which you should cuz you live in jersey they should be able to tell what they do to Mitsu cars in puerto rico.

Quick Reply: new dyno results