Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

new dyno results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2002, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you talking about Sakura, a 4g mirage that is powered by a 2.6L Starion engine? If so, it's in PR. That's the only famous mirage in the western hemisphere.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 09:24 PM

I was hoping somebody would know what i was talking about!
http://www.sakuramotorsports.com

I've been talking to my cousing who apparently knows someone who works with sakuramotorsports about parts for my 2002 lancer. His telling me they do have stuff already. I'm probably going to go to Puerto Rico myself and do some investigation myself. If so you can bet your *** they will be in this forum selling their products, because i'm sick and tired and not finding any aftermarket parts for my car.
I know their are some out there but it's not enough for me!!!!
Old Oct 25, 2002, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

I have a question, how do dyno's work in the first place? I understand what the concept of a dyno is, but how is it done, and how do you read a dyno chart? I have never dynoed a car as I am only 16, but I am interested in finding how it works.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

There are different dyno setup. FWD and RWD pull different results. AWD is harder to pull results since it's very expensive for a shop to buy a true AWD setup.

Also, the bigger the tires you have, the lesser your HP/TQ rating. There is always a drivetrain loss. 15% is norm for manual. +20% is for AWD. around 20% for slushboxes.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.hotrodhellinc.com/examples.htm

This site contains good dyno info.

Thanks bro, but I got it! Except, when you said: "Also, the bigger the tires you have, the lesser your HP/TQ rating", Explain?
Old Oct 25, 2002, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

"Also, the bigger the tires you have, the lesser your HP/TQ rating", Explain?"

It takes more effort (rolling mass) for the engine to roll the same amount of force comparing to smaller wheels.

Example:
if you run 14 inch rims, you'll get higher trap spd but at the cost of traction issue on a high HP car.

If you run 18 inch rims, your speed will be lowered, but your ETA might be lower since you have better traction at the 60 foot marker.

Another more simpler example:
imagine a cog that is 1 inch in size: how fast will it spin?

now imagine a cog that is 5 inch in size: how fast will it spin?

it takes more effort to spin the 5 inch cog . . . once it's get going, it will go fast, not in spd.

Last edited by bahamut; Oct 25, 2002 at 10:05 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2002, 10:42 PM

i am puerto rican

i've been to pr many times that's were i seen those mirage s doing 12's 13's and they were street's car's.and that car sakara it doesn't hve the 1.8 mirage engine it has the starion engine .i seen the car in person and talk to the driver and crew many of times.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by visualkei72
Ouch, Geo got the smackdown! Heheh..
Yeah those #'s sound pretty warped. Are you sure you weren' t thinking of a different car, like not a Mirage? Because I've never seen anyone run with a STOCK engine running 14psi, unless it was built like that i.e. WRX, or Eclipse, and I dunno. Just can it, I've heard way too much bull this past weekend.
Some guy tells me he smoked a GSR with his LS Integ...

--- Kei
I would have to agree with you there! 14psi? His mirage must be the one model that came with the 4g63 stock from the factory. You know, the Mirage BS Edition. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Old Nov 27, 2002, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mobius97

I would have to agree with you there! 14psi? His mirage must be the one model that came with the 4g63 stock from the factory. You know, the Mirage BS Edition. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!
I have posted the dyno sheet if you bother to look at it and the link on the mirage setup.

Then again, I don't know why one DSM'er doubt the word of another who has owned a GSX, GVR4, and now a GS-T.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Well it just seems like a lot of boost to be running all the time on that engine, but then again who knows, I'm no expert. My buddy has a turbo kit on his eclipse GS and he is only running 8 psi....so I don't know man just sounded fishy.....
Old Nov 27, 2002, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

That guy has all sort of different setup. It keeps changing with forged and stock parts (different owner than the GS-T owner Geo who has witnessed and provided the dyno on his site).

Also, that mirage has blown its engine 5-6 times due to ill-tuning. Last time I have heard from Geo and his small DSM crew, it ran the track at 13 psi on stock parts with all sorts of stereo and big rims.

It's down now, and I have no updates on its condition or what the cause of its problem.