Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Just got off the Dyno!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya, the whole kit was custom made. the only thing i had to buy was an exhaust manifold gasket and the t3/t4 flange and my guy did the rest!!
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

hey guys another quick question. i still have the Cat on the car is that holding me back a little to or is it not a real big deal and don't even worry about it.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

It's holding you back some, you'd probably gain maybe 5-7HP. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thing is, can you deal with the sound? I've never heard the GReddy in person, so I don't know how loud it is with it/without it. I have heard a few other Lancer exhausts without the cat, and it just makes it sound nasty. But for you, that might not bother you, and that extra HP might be worth it. All up to you.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

i'm willing to listen to anything to gain horsepower!!!
Old Aug 15, 2004, 07:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Port the head... ensure they do both the exhaust and intake. Most don't like opening the exhaust up as you lose some bottom end but in your case it will help spool up the turbo and get you boosing a little earlier.

Also you could have the turbo ported, if it isn't already, and clipped. This will assist in the spool up as well. You can also try leaning out your lower boost range1-3psi to aroudn 12.5:1 with a few extra degrees of timing pulled. This will allow for a more responsive bottom end pull and assist the car into boost rather than bogging the car before boost.

Good luck!
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

thanx for the input boe
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Also the lightened flywheel... that should help emensly.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Ummm, can I get your hookup to make me one of these kits ?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

blk where to you live are you in fl?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Finally able to to put some pics of the turbo kit

Alright guys here are some pics of the turbo setup at the nopi show this past weekend. As you can see it was a really bad day with the terrable weather!!!
Old Aug 16, 2004, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

heres a couple more pics of the outside!!
Old Aug 16, 2004, 06:32 PM
EvoM Guru

I think you're really on your way... although i don't agree with the wing.(to ricey for me)

Any chance of getting that exh. manifold ceramic coated?? That would be tight. The turbonetics BOV and Wastegate are friggen huge man...

Where did you find the intercooler?? Looks a little old for my taste... i've seen some nice ones on ebay lately but they are like 300 bucks. Maybe you can upgrade that to a nice polished one soon... it would suit the car better. The one you have is so dark you almost can't see it. Seems nice though as a whole.

How's the emanage working for you... i've heard in the boost region it has the same issue as an AFC... it is only good to take fuel out not to add? Is this true or are you finding that the 450's are to big anyway so you have to tune them out? Even in the rain it looks nice though!
Old Aug 16, 2004, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Thanx Boe, Ya now that car is almost complete i will start changing a couple of parts on the exterior. Well i haven't had any prblems with the emanage yet. Nock on wood and the car i think is running way better then when i had the AFC on and as for the injectors i guess there tuned pretty well. I do back fire though between shifts but my tuner told me thats because i have plenty of fuel in the car. But i guess the car is tuned right and i trust the guy i have becuse he is 1 of the best Emange tuners in FL. And i have noticed a little decrese in gas miles but that was expected.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Finally i was able to get the Dyno Sheets scanned and here it is!!!
Attached Thumbnails Just got off the Dyno!!-dyno-sheet.jpg  
Old Aug 16, 2004, 07:13 PM
EvoM Guru

your midrange from 5k on looks severely boggy... i'd say you were running a little too rich from what your telling me. Any readouts of your AF ratios? Are you also pulling timing with the emanage... your torque suggests that you are! I'd say you have room for more timing and less fuel. Is it possible for you to hit up another tuner for a few hours? Also your fuel should have improved, when not mashing on it, as the turbo is a more efficient power adder during cruising speeds. If you can get an AFR sheet scanned.

Personally, not to bag the tuner, i know the lancer and you can do way better than that. I pull no timing on the car at 9psi... thus you shouldn't be at 8psi. If you are you should be compensating with a better AFR. Popping is unburnt fuel which isn't to bad but if you have a cat it is bad.

I strontly suggest you go to another tuner for a second opinion/tune. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Just got off the Dyno!!