Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm System

I'm having my alarm system installed tomorrow and I just wanted to make sure im not missing anything:

This is what i'm having done:
- Full Alarm
- Interior Motion Sensor
- Pager
- Auto Start
- Kill Switch

Am i missing anything?

Should I ask them to add anything to the list?
Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

get a sensor under the hood, for when it's opened w/o turning off the alarm, to kill the starter
Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

i didnt know they could do that.. excellent idea

any others?
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Side mount flamethrowers. Broom and dust pan in the trunk with the monkey.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It's not the alarm, it's the install that counts the most. Make sure the brain is zip tied to your steering column, make sure they don't just T-Tap the connections to save time and make life easy for a theif. Most alarm installs that come into my shop make it easier for me to shot wire a car and that's why alarms get a bad rap, it's not the alarms fault, it's the installers. I can hand you my keys and you wouldn't be able to take my car.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

The thing with alarms is not many people pay attention to them anymore... how many times have you heard an alarm going off in a parking lot... now how many times have you investagated it? I had a great alarm system in my integra professionally installed by the best install company I know of and didnt do 1 bit of good at all I totally wasted about 1000 bucks on something that did nothing for me good install or not it doesn't prevent people from getting your stuff and the pager things have a very short range and usually don't work inside large buildings etc.

take it from someone who has had multiple systems stolen ... Don't bother with alarms just insure the damn thing cheaper and much better in the long run ...

also making your car imposible to steal seems like a good idea ( i did it with my teg like bill said you couldn't start it if I handed you the keys) but when a person sees they can't hotwire or start it chances are they will bust the hell out of it on their way out which ends up being just as big of a headache as if they just took what they wanted and left.

just a couple things to keep in mind before you drop a ton of money into an alarm system.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Got That Right_________________ / | \_______________________________
I'm getting add-on to my keyless entry and all the other sensor I will put it by myself. Now considering that nobody ever pays attention to alarms going off, well I want to put some strobe lights.

IDEA:
Do you think it is possible to put a small digital camera (two) inside of the car and have it shoot couple of pics everytime someone is getting close to the car???
Obviosly cameras would have been hidden, one facing the rear of the car from the front and another one facing front from the rear.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sure it could be done not sure what the cost would be
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:10 AM

Get a hold of one of those new nano-itx boards and conceal it in your trunk. Then hide a webcam in the car. lol. Set it to record on motion.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Instead of going with interior motion you should've gone with an exterior proximity sensor. If you wanted to have something on the interior you could've gone allout with a pressure and/or glass break sensor (mic tuned to the sound of glass breaking among other things). You can also go with a trunk sensor if you have anything back there. Lastly a 2-way paging system is nice in the even that you're within range if something were to happen.

I have a prety nice alarm but I'm still getting my mods covered. All an alarm will do in the long run is make the thief's job more annoying.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Battery backup, in case the some jack *** cuts power to the car thinking he'll take out the alarm, no battery, alarm still protects.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=ghostrider] You can also go with a trunk sensor if you have anything back there.

You can just wire one of the auxillaries to the dome light in the trunk to the alrm and it would do the same thing as a sensor or pin switch, trunk gets jimmied open=alarm is triggered.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BillAce
It's not the alarm, it's the install that counts the most. Make sure the brain is zip tied to your steering column, make sure they don't just T-Tap the connections to save time and make life easy for a theif. Most alarm installs that come into my shop make it easier for me to shot wire a car and that's why alarms get a bad rap, it's not the alarms fault, it's the installers. I can hand you my keys and you wouldn't be able to take my car.
This man knows what he's talking about!

Install > Product and "options" (although, I still will never own anything but a Compustar)