Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Which Car Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2004, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Car Alarm?

Which Car alarm would ya'll suggest? A buddy of mine is recommending the Valet 554r but I've never heard of it ....
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:49 PM

I got the Viper 650VX. I like it alot...very respectable and top of the line...if installed correctly. Upgradeable too.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

I have the Viper as well, but I'll be the first to say it: There are at least 4 other threads listing several different alarm options, just run a search and I'm sure you can find more information about them than you could ever ask for.

The Vipers great, I love it and I'm glad I got it before I bought the rims and stereo.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

I plan on getting a Viper alarm as well. Not that my car is worth stealing ... yet.

The sale price is like $230, kind of steep until I factor in my employee discount at Best Buy and get it for less than $60.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by LancerMMC
I plan on getting a Viper alarm as well. Not that my car is worth stealing ... yet.

The sale price is like $230, kind of steep until I factor in my employee discount at Best Buy and get it for less than $60.

Dude you might as well get the big baller (791xv) joint. What store you work at? I was at 409 in MI and now at 147, but trying to get outta there man!!!!

Ben

Last edited by BensLancer; Feb 2, 2005 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Too many cry babies!!!!
Old Jan 31, 2005, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Clifford G5 Intelliguard 750. it's a bad mammajamma & it's windows XP compatible!

www.clifford.com
Old Feb 1, 2005, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BensLancer
Dude you might as well get the big baller (791xv) joint for $177. What store you work at? I was at 409 in MI and now at 147 in CAry, but trying to get outta there man!!!!

Ben
OMG im sick of asking people this - please don't give out dealer/staff pricing! Some people make their living on selling stuff... be *respectful*.... please
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

The price I pay is 5% over what Best Buy buys it for. The companies, Kenwood, Viper, whatever aren't getting paid less. If I'm hurting anyone, it's the fat *** corporate ****ers that get rich off the profit they jack the price up to. And if we're talking some small speaker speciality store that relies on the profit that's one thing, but Best Buy hardly needs all the profit it can get.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerMMC
The price I pay is 5% over what Best Buy buys it for. The companies, Kenwood, Viper, whatever aren't getting paid less. If I'm hurting anyone, it's the fat *** corporate ****ers that get rich off the profit they jack the price up to. And if we're talking some small speaker speciality store that relies on the profit that's one thing, but Best Buy hardly needs all the profit it can get.
You're quite ignorant. You *can* lose your job for doing this and BB can lose the line if it gets that far.

I did (and still do sometimes) work for a small, independant specialty store. People giving out dealer costs DOES hurt business.

Don't be a *****, quit giving out dealer costs. I'm not just talking to you, but others that think it's cool to hurt the little guy's business also.

This is the one thing that *really* pisses me off about this board....

Honestly, moderators should be censoring this kind of stuff....
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Angry

Originally Posted by SK Lancer
You're quite ignorant. You *can* lose your job for doing this and BB can lose the line if it gets that far.

I did (and still do sometimes) work for a small, independant specialty store. People giving out dealer costs DOES hurt business.

Don't be a *****, quit giving out dealer costs. I'm not just talking to you, but others that think it's cool to hurt the little guy's business also.

This is the one thing that *really* pisses me off about this board....

Honestly, moderators should be censoring this kind of stuff....

OK first of all you need to stay on topic and second that is employee cost, not dealer cost. So find someone else to bother with your whining please. I'm not trying to be rude, but don't try to tell other people what to do. oh well if you have it that bad get a job somewhere else!
Old Feb 2, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BensLancer
OK first of all you need to stay on topic and second that is employee cost, not dealer cost. So find someone else to bother with your whining please. I'm not trying to be rude, but don't try to tell other people what to do. oh well if you have it that bad get a job somewhere else!
First, I apologize for being off topic, but this has been bugging me on here for a LONG time.

5% off of $38 is dealer cost. Is that hard to figure out?

Dealer costs are CONFIDENTIAL. Does nobody realize this?

When I work at the independant shop on the weekends (when they need me), I get paid commission. I've had people come up to me asking for a price on a certain product. I'll give them a bit of a discount usually as a selling advantage and try and sell the product. If they tell me what dealer cost is, what am I supposed to do - give it to them for cost? No. I have to lower my price to below the point of commission and LOSE MONEY myself. Because some idiot on a message board decided to brag about the staff discount he gets.

Don't get me wrong - I don't really care if you say that you get 5% above cost is, but for god's sake don't tell people what your price or your dealer cost is!
Old Feb 2, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Since I own a specialty shop, I'll say I don't think it's cool when someone gives out pricing. Since we're talking about alarms, it's not that big of a deal because security is all about install! Have some chain guy with the cheapest price throw your alarm in as fast as possible and you got what you paid for. When cars come in with alarm s installed already I usually want to puke when I see the brain, ignition connections and ball of wire in about 15 seconds. Unplug a Viper alarm and no more alarm. Most alarm installs make a car easier to steal.

I have a Clifford Avantgaurd G4 in my car (before Viper took over). I'll give you my keys and you won't take my car. I've got options that don't exist to consumers and You won't find 1 connection I made. I also spent 6 hours doing it.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
Old Feb 2, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BillAce
Since I own a specialty shop, I'll say I don't think it's cool when someone gives out pricing. Since we're talking about alarms, it's not that big of a deal because security is all about install! Have some chain guy with the cheapest price throw your alarm in as fast as possible and you got what you paid for. When cars come in with alarm s installed already I usually want to puke when I see the brain, ignition connections and ball of wire in about 15 seconds. Unplug a Viper alarm and no more alarm. Most alarm installs make a car easier to steal.

I have a Clifford Avantgaurd G4 in my car (before Viper took over). I'll give you my keys and you won't take my car. I've got options that don't exist to consumers and You won't find 1 connection I made. I also spent 6 hours doing it.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
Agreed, theres been other threads of people talking about dealer costs on other gear too...HU's, speakers, etc

I'd also like to agree with the you get what you pay for thing... We stopped selling the alarms without installation because of warranty. We make more money this way and people get long lasting RS/Alarms.

On a side note, Viper's the reason we carry Compustar now... I've never seen so much product come back faulty. They were all because of product issues, not install issues...
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not the biggest Viper fan, but they install much better than the Compustar stuff. I mean is it too much trouble to program the damn remotes before you box it up?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going with Viper since the only other brand is Audiovox or something.