Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

I Need Help Now!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2002, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Help Now!!

ok well i just got a in dash tv and all, and tonight i went to mitsubishi and got the dash part for the cubby hole to put my headunit there. so i removed my headunit hook it up below and put my tv in the top. i wired everythign up as it said to be (except bypassed the brake light (ebrake) by just putting it to the - wire) but anyway they both work and its all fine, so then i screw everything in and put my whole dash back together and then i test it all out again and boom only my headunit works so i was like ok maybe the wires cames lose i took everythign apart again and then checked all the wires and then tried them again and now my headunit would turn on then off over and over and i was like wtf i didnt do anythign except make sure the wires were together, and then boom nothing will turn on no headunit or tv... so i was like damnit maybe the fuse blew and well no it didnt i even hooked up my stock headunit to make sure. so now i'm left with nothing working nop tv or headunit and its pissing me off! my headunit cost me 600 and the tv was a gift and its bs and i want it to work. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! AND IF ANYONE IF FROM PA AND CAN COME LOOK AT IT TOMMORROW (SATURDAY) PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

john
Old Dec 27, 2002, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

does your tv have a power source?..is there like an on/off button ...that's a tough one. technolofy is so hard sometimes ..it probably could involve your grounding, or maybe antenna hookups or something. it probably isnt receiving a power signal or something

i would probably check your wiring again. there may be a faulty wiring somewhere. maybe you didn't tie some wires secure or tight enough. best of luck with that. i bet that's gonna bee sick!! get some pics up
Old Dec 27, 2002, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

i double checked the wires for almost 30 minutes and everything, but i'm giving up for th night, i'm getting way to frustrated and its all pissing me off that it doesnt work, tommorrow i'm go at it again and hopefully, with all the praying i'm doin (u all can pray for me too) it will work and end up being a stupid wire or sumthing!!!!

john
Old Dec 27, 2002, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

well, i'd say make sure the e-barake bypass goes to negative and not positive. otherwise take an e-meter to the wires and make sure they have power when dome lights and headlights are on, etc. I just tried hooking up radio that i fried b/c the car i hooked it up to has a wire that acts as negative gound only when the headlights are off, but not when theyre on.. some cars are wierd. otherwise try hooking up the screen and head unit directly to battery or 12v dc source, make sure they still work, and you didnt fry one or both of them.. i know its frustrating, just keep at it,