Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Need some help with this

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help with this

Hey all,

I've been looking at an in dash dvd/cd/blah blah blah you know, but it isnt one of the ones where the screen comes out. I've found a good deal where the place will sell me a roof mount lcd screen with it for a good price (some kinda super sale) and they will install it. Its a nice deal and won't cost me like 2g's. Thing is, the in dash unit doesn't have a built in amp. (for example, my in dash now is a 52x4) Is there any way to add an amp to that without having to add subs, cause I like the factory ones now, and I really don't want to have to cut into all of those wires from the car. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Taylor
Old Feb 20, 2005, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

well, if you want to use an aftermarket amp, you'll either have to route your own wire from the new amp (easiest), cut into the factorry wires (not as easy, but not horrible), or custom make some kind of harness so you don't have to mess with anything (difficult). I would suggest just running new wire from the amp to the speakers
Old Feb 20, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep your current in dash unit and just add the dvd player in the din below it. They sell at kit at mitsubishi parts that converts the little cubby hole below the hvac thing so you can put a standard size stereo down there. Then just run the audio output from the dvd player below to the inputs of the cd player above.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:28 AM

I like the idea of replacing the cubby hole, but I went to mitsubishi parts and couldn't find anything. Where can I find that piece? Thanks