Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

someone stole my head unit :'(

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry someone stole my head unit :'(

ok so i come from work last nite about 9:30...park my car and went to sleep at bout 11 or so...and this morning my doorbell rang...a cop...i thot that sumthin happened near by so hes prolly asking if i saw sumthing as this happened 2 years ago...but he says "Sir is that your mitsubishi lancer" im like yes...and he tells me sum1 broke in and stole the headunit...i was like no way...i never thot this wud happen to me...but when i went there...NOOO

Last edited by xtreme571; Dec 9, 2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

more pix

Last edited by xtreme571; Dec 9, 2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks, same thing happened with me, they ruined the dash and everything while prying, had to replace the entire lower dash at a cost of over $1,000
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Dude man... I'm sorry.

Fox
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:45 AM

wow.. that sucks..... at least it looks like a pretty clean removal... did they damage ur dash at all?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

went to body shop to get the estimate...they said about 2500 dollars...they damaged the dash...and the center counsle...just the lift up thing or if u want to call it armrest...and there are scuff marks all over the dash so it has to be replaced...they even cut the vinyl on the passanger side front door panel...so that has to be replaced...im just hoping my insurance approves...if not...this is going to suck well i hope they pay

EDIT: i checked the dealership...that POS cd player is 769.00...thats damn expensive
Old Mar 15, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

buy a new one off ebay for 150 and take the money from the insurance company
Old Mar 15, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtreme571
went to body shop to get the estimate...they said about 2500 dollars...they damaged the dash...and the center counsle...just the lift up thing or if u want to call it armrest...and there are scuff marks all over the dash so it has to be replaced...they even cut the vinyl on the passanger side front door panel...so that has to be replaced...im just hoping my insurance approves...if not...this is going to suck well i hope they pay

EDIT: i checked the dealership...that POS cd player is 769.00...thats damn expensive

Wait, wait wait. All this was over your stock head unit?? That really sucks. Musta been a dumbass not to take the DVD-RW's in your backseat. Probly some crackhead lookin for spare change to buy more drugs.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtreme571

Man I can sell you my radio out of my EVO for like $20 bucks! Hope it works with the normal lancers. Sorry to hear that!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry to hear that man....really am. I'm a victim of vandalism with a brick to my windshield...your case is twice as bad! Also I'm an IL resident...sad to hear. Bastards, I really hope karma gets to them!

My dash was Fawked up too and parts of my dash had to be replaced for $1,000. Insurance covered it though.

CRAP I just reread that shiet! All this for a stock radio!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!! WTF!!! NO MAN THAT'S WRONG! DAMN WRONG. who the hell needs a stock head unit! bastards.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Hope Karma gets them. Really sorry buddy. I live in the same city it sux!!!!! Time to put cameras on my parking lot :O .
Get an alarm from Ray's with a pager only $250.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

CRAP I just reread that shiet! All this for a stock radio!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!! WTF!!! NO MAN THAT'S WRONG! DAMN WRONG. who the hell needs a stock head unit! bastards.
Pick a Fro...it wasnt a stock head unit...but i was referring to the stock cuz it costs soo much...the guy at the dealership told me u might as well ask them for stock cuz its soo much...but the one i had in there was JVC with like 30 second video clip on the screen...pix below...well u cant really see in the pics but the dash like scuffed...he was prolly wearing those hard heeled shoes cuz gym shoes wont do sumthin like that...and DjDuckyi its a clean removal cus the install was clean too...but now im thinking bout getting an alarm system for the car...ill prolly invest bout 600 in it...so any suggestions???...and greg i dun really trust rays installation...but the stuff is pretty cheap.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

crap...forgot the jvc pic
Attached Thumbnails someone stole my head unit :'(-jvc-head-unit.jpg  
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, that is terrible. It looks like you are probably going to have to make an insurance claim because of all the damage and high cost of replacement. Were your doors unlocked or did they break a window? I would get the loudest car alarm I could get lol. I always remove my faceplate and radar detector from my car even if I park for 10 mins. People around here in Detroit got stealing car stereo's down to a science. lol. Try to look at a junkyard for the parts first before you make a claim. When you make a claim on insurance, your monthly rate is likely to go up. =(
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

tint all of your windows so they cant see inside

Quick Reply: someone stole my head unit :'(