Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Lancer Audio at its best! and hello all!

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2005 | 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer Audio at its best! and hello all!

Hello all,

I am the owner ExcessLancer in atlanta. I have a thunder grey 03 ES model mostly stock except for the system! I will keep most of my posts in the sound section as this is my specialty!

Allittle history for you all.. i have been doing car audio for about 5 years most of which were spent in a 98 eclipse 2G... My objective is to utilize a strategic equipment configuration to attain the best sound quality to volume ratio in the car while keeping cost low! The eclipse was the best sounding car in atlanta amd became known in the streets as such!

I employ several controvercial methods in the lancer to achieve studio level sound quality at high volumes and avoide that typical car audio sound, you know the intrusive exagerated narrow band bass with the overly high passed vocals and absence of smooth midrange!

system over view:
Clarion pro audio head unit,
Alpine master EQ,
Caustic master pre-amp,
Autotek bass pre-amp,
BOSS 2000watt 4 channel amp bridged for 2 MAaudio 12" 800watt RMS woofers 2ohm bass load, i use a reflex box and a band pass box with 20% phase and frequency over lap tuning.
BOSS 2000watt 4 channel amp half bridged for 2 8ohm SX80 medium throw sound monitors (8" mid bass and 2" titanium compression driver) 4ohm load. 2 sterio channels for pair of EVID 3.2 sound monitors each has 2 3.5" midrange and a 1" titanium dome tweeter.

Tuning and calibration was a long and involved process but now this is the best sounding car in atlanta! I am at the Varcity on north avenue for every 2nd thursday car meet up so you can hear me there if you are in the ATL!

I did all wiring myself so feel free to ask questions!
Old May 19, 2005 | 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

sounds nice... not a huge boss fan, but if the system sounds like you say it does, then props to you, friend. anyways, welcome to the forum and post some pics if you got em!
Old May 19, 2005 | 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We wanna see some pix of that.. pix are good..
Old May 19, 2005 | 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

The last Boss amp I used wasnt exactly a SQ amp, they have some serious quality loss compared to many other amps(I upgraded to Cadence. very nice, low price). Did you use one of those pre-amps to help with this? I know you cant hear subbass distortion until its near 10% so your amp choice makes sense there, but I would think you'd want something with the lowest THD for your highs/mids at least. I'm not hating, just inquiring, if I'm sounding like an ***.

EDIT: Oh yeah, definately get some pics of that install.
Old May 20, 2005 | 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

boss and MA audio? not exactly SQ material, but welcome!
Old May 20, 2005 | 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

like everyone else has said...pics please.

also, have you competed w/ this setup? if so, what was your SQ score?

welcome to evom btw.
Old May 20, 2005 | 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the warm welcome all! i just finished this system so i will try to enter some comps this summer! Let me try and answer all the questions asked!

THD is rated at .01% on the amps I use so distortion is not an issue at all! Distortion "usualy" results from lack of head room (amp wattage not suficiently higher than spaeker wattage), bad RCA wiring or damaged speaker cones pooly set Xovers! Boss amps do get a bad rap and I enjoy showing people that boss does make good amps!

About the PREamps: I am using pre amps for power control or pre amplification of the signal and to perform electronic Xover tasks these complement and maximize the power amp perfomance and are very important in any high wattage audio system where clarity and dynamics and transparency are important!

The MA audio subs are high sensitivity 100db/meter dual 4ohm voice coil subs designed to work in ported and sealed boxes they have a good balance between spl and sq performance which box tuning determinds...

PIcs will happen eventualy but I warn you this system is designed to be listened to not looked at so dont expect fiber glass and fish tanks! Oh and i did run wires into the doors and it was a *****!!!

thanks again for the welcome
Old May 20, 2005 | 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

welcome and good luck with your process
Old May 20, 2005 | 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

pics please.........
Old May 20, 2005 | 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

soon when I get a cam I have the mac G5 just need a cam!!!!
Old May 20, 2005 | 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, I'm sorry, didn't know you had a mac. My fault.
j/k dude.. mac's can be cool to an extent.
Old May 25, 2005 | 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
this is the best sounding car in atlanta
Pretty bold statement... I'll leave my reply at that...
Old May 30, 2005 | 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

isn't world champion, and 2nd best souding car in the WORLD Jason Ewing from atlanta? your statement is a little TOO bold
Old Jun 1, 2005 | 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Yeh it was and is bold and hence why the mods hate me now! I'm sorry! Yes GA does have many top level car audio types but they stick to competition were as I cruise all the time and go to meet ups and demo the system! When ever I see the guys with the top level manufacturers logo stickers on thier cars I challenge them on the spot!! None yet have been willing to try only those bass head boom boom kids try! I cruise by all the poplular installation shops all the time and it is funny how all the employees come out to hear as though they have never heard car audio before!

I know many of you and the mods think i am full of crap but I am proud to drive a lancer that has a great system! I am willing to let you guys hear the car if you come to ATL! Look for me at the Varcity on thursday nights car meet up ! You will know it is me when you hear it!
Old Jun 1, 2005 | 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Should have had the car in HIN the other night. I was there and hated the fact that not a single Lancer, non-Evo, was there. Were you there???

Quick Reply: Lancer Audio at its best! and hello all!