Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Lancer easily broken into

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2005, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scam the insurance company. You had an alpine head unit and a JL W7 stolen.
Old May 30, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Man that sucks dude. I've said it before and I'll say it again, now we know another reason why our Lancers are so cheap, they are cheaply made, sure the engines are good, but there is more to a car than that. I have already broke a few bolts tightening them up on various parts of my car. I only paid $12,200 for mine brand new, and I only expect to get $12,200 worth of quality out of it.
Old May 30, 2005, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

hope everything work's out in your favor.
Old May 30, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

if its gonna cost $800 to fix your door i would just do somethin creative and shave your doors for an extra $200 bucks it would b a kool mod and look at it this way they cant break in through your handles nomore cause they will be gone! and yes invest in an alarm! that should be the first thing you buy for your car if you are gonna mod it out! and when you do get it make it very sensative! mine is if you even caugh on my car it will go off! people think im crazy for it but i have well over $10,000 in my car! but anyways good luck!
Old May 30, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by arm07
scam the insurance company. You had an alpine head unit and a JL W7 stolen.
idiot
Old May 30, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

yes thats something called fraud! you can get in trouble for that if caught! karma is somethin else!
Old May 30, 2005, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SK Lancer
idiot
?

Do they need pictures or something?
Old May 31, 2005, 10:58 PM

damn that sucks, it's got me thinking it's time to upgrade my alarm, i'm not sure if it's stock or not but i could kick the side of it and it wouldn't go off. but if you mess with the mirrors it goes off, kinda stupid alarm. that's alot for just a door. maybe you should look else where?
Old May 31, 2005, 11:12 PM

yes, the insurance company needs pics and the police report number

I dont think the price is too far off...the door has a little damage, the handle is toast, and the lock cylinder is screwed(literally, had a screwdriver shoved into it) Then thay have the paint to match, and the labor of dismantling everything to get all the work done.

after the door is fixed, Im buying a viper alarm!
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:14 AM

that's good to hear, a friend of mine had a viper and it was awesome. but your right about the door, did you get new parts or used?
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by da2003pizimp
that's good to hear, a friend of mine had a viper and it was awesome. but your right about the door, did you get new parts or used?
I just bought a Viper alarm today, the car goes into the shop tuesday morning, and the alarm will be installed next sunday. the parts I suppose will be new considering Im getting them through the shop, or at the price they better be new.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

smart move viper is good i got the one with the LCD screen on it very nice.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 12:45 PM

Why can't people just keep their freaking hands to themselves??? Is it that F'ing hard? I bust my a$$ to get what I have (like I'm sure every one of you do) and it is frustrating as hell that as soon as I get something nice there will always be some *** right there to help themselves to it...

List of items stolen within last 5 years include...
1 Suzuki motorcycle...
1 Nissan 300ZX (carjacked) + 5k in stereo equip + 2,800 or so in CD's, cash, etc...
1 Honda Civic + 6k camera set-up + $900 or so in cash, clothes, CD's, etc...
not to mention the times some jealous Fu_ _ broke out a window or keyed my car... All thieves can just F'off and die for all I care.... But I'm not bitter.. that's just my 2 cents...
Old Jun 7, 2005, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Got Boost?
Why can't people just keep their freaking hands to themselves??? Is it that F'ing hard? I bust my a$$ to get what I have (like I'm sure every one of you do) and it is frustrating as hell that as soon as I get something nice there will always be some *** right there to help themselves to it...
I agree!

Update:
Ins. said they would only cover the stock headunit...would you believe it cost over $750? That's more than I had stolen. The body shop is helpin me by charging the Ins. for a new graphic, but instead letting me use the extra cash as part of my deductable. I'm just gonna get a new graphic anyways. I'm also thinking Alpine 10's with custom box to replace the old stereo.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

The Karr alarm is the one Mitsu puts on the cars? I have that and my rear winshield got bashed by some punkass and it didn't go off and another time some little kid threw a rock at my tail light and it didn't go off then either. Can you change the sensitivity on the Karr alarm? I'm thinking of getting a viper soon though.

Quick Reply: Lancer easily broken into