Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Lancer easily broken into

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey im planning to get a viper too.. lemme know how much did it cost you guys for the alarm and how much did they charge to install it? thnks
Old Dec 8, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
viper alarm systems arnt really that tough to install. You guys can probbaly do it yourself. A guy in my club just put a viper system in his rx-7 and its pretty sensitive, works real well. loud as heck!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

if you do it yourself, dont forget to hide it, and rig up a backup batterey, i dont know vipers, so i dont know if they have one with them. i do know some lancers in nashville had their grills punched in, and the hood popped, and then engine mods stolen, and alarm disarmed. it was a ***** to clean up and an insurance claim took forever. im too lazy to invest in audio, if the stock dies, ill replace it with cheap speakers. im sorry to hear about the break in. some people keyyed a freinds rx-7 because it was "ricer" becuase he has it kitted. and left the familiar "get american!.....pos japanese......ricer.....has no power.....etc." people like that need their gas lines cut from their v8's, OT but my .02$
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

The last alarm i had went nuts as soon as you cut power to it . . . was a bit annoying when the battery died and the system thought it was being jacked but hey at least i knew something was wrong
Old Dec 9, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Walkingchaos
The last alarm i had went nuts as soon as you cut power to it . . . was a bit annoying when the battery died and the system thought it was being jacked but hey at least i knew something was wrong
what kind was it?
Old Dec 9, 2005, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

It was one of the higher level audiovox alarms, had a dual stage shock sensor, door sensors, trunk sensor, hood sensor (that was fun to install) and an ignotion and fuel cut off. I sold the car and dont have the product number anymore but you should be able to find something pretty close to it in what audiovox has for sale now.