Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Beyma, Kappa or Diamond Audio

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beyma, Kappa or Diamond Audio(lucky day)

I know this question has been beat to death but I'm debating on these 3 brands of speakers, mainly because I'm gettin a good deal on either one of them. I had Kappas in my last car and liked them but I saw some people here have the Diamond Audio components but I haven't heard them or Beyma before.

I don't see any beyma components on the site and I'd like to stick to the components in the front and coaxial in the rear deck.

Has anyone heard those beymas? Or think those Diamond Audio components are worth the extra $100?

EDIT: I ordered the Diamond Audio 6.5 just for right now till I got more money for the components. After being dicked around by DHL for the last week they finally came...and what was in the box....The component set!!

When I get my Ralliart ill install them and let you know how they are.

Last edited by r3z0nate; Aug 16, 2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 03:00 PM

I like Diamond audios myself. I believe they are worth the price if you are getting a good deal.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

i put diamond m3's in the back and d6 in the front.. there running off of a 300watt pioneer doner amp for now, but there crystal clear, even when i crank it i dont here n e distortion
Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Diamonds....they are worth the extra $100
Old Aug 2, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

i have used MB Quart in my past several cars/trucks and tried Diamonds this time around just for something different...oh yeah, and i got a great deal as well ... i may never go back to Quart.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

I have also used the quarts in the past, I now have the infinity Kappas and I like them better than the quarts. I used Focals once also and was very unsatisfied (flemsy, no midbass) I have heard diamonds and they were nice but a bit too pricey for my pockets. The Kappas do have a 3 year warranty and Infinity is easy to work with. That is why I chose them.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guy. I think I'm gonna roll with the
Diamond Audio D661S 6.5" for the rear deck and the
Diamond Audio S600A 6 1/2" HEX Component System with Aluminium Tweeter for the front.

I need to get the Carbon fiber A-Pillars for those tweeters then. Should be a nice setup
Old Aug 2, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Cant got wrong with diamonds, honestly never heard of beyma. I would seriously try to hear CDT http://thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-62-...tem-108376.htm if you like tons of midbass and a very smooth and loud top end. They are a steal at that price and you can buy 2 sets for the hex price. I love diamond but this price is amazing. If you got the cash try the HD series but the CLs are too close in performance and lots cheaper.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

I will try to post some pics of my tweeter placement with the infinity's tomorrow. I placed them on the doorpanel on the angled area in front of the pocket with the flush cups and aimed them toward the dome and they image great. The closer to the woofer the better, or at least that is what all of the audio books say. I am happy with this setup. I am sure any component set could use this location which would prevent you from having to buy the pillars, unless you just like them.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm gettin those D661S for like $175 for the pair, I haven't seen them cheaper anywhere. I might look into the CDTS for the front instead, I don't know about mixing and matching though.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by diamondstar03
I will try to post some pics of my tweeter placement with the infinity's tomorrow. I placed them on the doorpanel on the angled area in front of the pocket with the flush cups and aimed them toward the dome and they image great. The closer to the woofer the better, or at least that is what all of the audio books say. I am happy with this setup. I am sure any component set could use this location which would prevent you from having to buy the pillars, unless you just like them.
Awesome, I'm not set on buying the pillars, I could save alot of money by doing it your way.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Just as said before, having the tweeters as close as possible to the midranges will give the best imaging. If you put the 6.5s in the door and the tweeters in the a-pillars it can cause a few problems. First off, the treble will be coming from much higher in the sound stage than the rest of the music. Also, the difference in distance from the speakers to your ears will be much different. This will lead to some phase shifting from from midrange to treble.

The best place to mount the front speakers, if space permits, is in the kick panels down by your feet. This will give you the least difference in distance from the left and right speakers to your ears. With properly angled speakers this will still give you imaging that sounds like the band is playing on your hood right in front of your car.

The Diamond Audio Hex series is awesome. Well worth the price. I have a set in my truck and they sound as clean and clear as my home theater system.

EVOlutionary
Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Just as said before, having the tweeters as close as possible to the midranges will give the best imaging. If you put the 6.5s in the door and the tweeters in the a-pillars it can cause a few problems. First off, the treble will be coming from much higher in the sound stage than the rest of the music. Also, the difference in distance from the speakers to your ears will be much different. This will lead to some phase shifting from from midrange to treble.

The best place to mount the front speakers, if space permits, is in the kick panels down by your feet. This will give you the least difference in distance from the left and right speakers to your ears. With properly angled speakers this will still give you imaging that sounds like the band is playing on your hood right in front of your car.

The Diamond Audio Hex series is awesome. Well worth the price. I have a set in my truck and they sound as clean and clear as my home theater system.

EVOlutionary
Everything mentioned is true about speaker placement. I have Diamond 6.5s in my doors and tweets in the A-pillars, however, and the Diamonds are very forgiving...I am extremely happy with my front stage/imaging.

My .02 worth is stick with Diamond Audio all the way around and fit them where you can. Play around with the tweeter location and figure out what sounds best to you. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

True about placement but a good x over network such as the phase correcting CDTs and the excellent off axis response of the diamonds work very well in the lancer a pillar. Its actually not a bad spot for a good systems tweet as far as imaging and defining the soundstage. From Chronohunter and from listening to an OZ with dynaudio tweets placed in the door panel between the door latch and the dash aimed at the middle of the sunroof is near perfect though lotsa work. I recently changed my systems front stage with my old favs JBL GTi tweets in the a pillar and am quite happy (Im usually very picky). If you know what you are doing you can make a helluva system for super cheap with raw home audio drivers (a modest home audio driver usually spanks all but the very best car crap we get spoonfed) http://partsexpress.com/
Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Beyma... you're talking high end with Beyma. Madison Square Garden uses Beyma speakers. They are direct out of Spain, I believe.

Quick Reply: Beyma, Kappa or Diamond Audio