Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

HELP! lights won't turn on

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! lights won't turn on

So i've searched and i couldn't find an answer. I know people have had the same problem and i've seen it, but no one ever replies to them so i don't know how/if they fixed the problem.

Anyways, i installed my new HU in the morning and everything was good. when it hit night, i turned on my headlights and the AC lights and ashtray lights, wouldn't work. NOT EVEN THE DIMMER SWITCH LIGHT! found that the clock didn't dim or anything which led me to think that the lights were screwed somehow? The cluster is dimmer than normal. i'm a newb when it comes to wiring stuff so i REALLY need your help!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try two things, first the easy one.

Under the hood, by the battery is a fuse box. Open it up and check the fuses in the little yellow fuse holder thing(assuming your 04 is like my 03) There are two 10 AMP fuses that control the radio, auto locks, dome light, clock, lights, pretty much all. I blew them out earlier this summer when I was installing my alarm system. Getting the fuses out could be a pain in the butt though.

Second, check the fuse box under the driver's side dash, which is behind the little pull down compartment to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. It pulls out and you can see the fuses. Check those and make sure nothing is blown.

Give those two things a try and see if you find a blown fuse. If you do find one, replace it and try all your electronics/electrical things. If they work, but then stop working - aka you blow the fuse again, then you've probably shorted a wire or something when you installed your HU. Take it out and double check all your wiring. Good luck.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

what ^he said, u just blew a fuse
Old Sep 4, 2005, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

thanks guys! i'll try that today!!
Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Guys, sorry, but do any of you have a schematic of t the car? I checked all the fuses and there doesn't seem to be a problem with any of them (none were blown). I just noticed that my right side peanut bulp (on the headlight) doesn't work either and neither does the tailight (when you turn on the high beams). I relaly want this to work out because I'm getting so frustrated!! making me think i shoulda just paid the 50 dollars to get it done at best buy!! :S

Anyways, i did a search on schematic, electronical schematic, etc. and found nothing. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

it has to be a fuse
Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Send me a PM and I can provide you with the information you need.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:50 AM

You might have the ground wire from the HU grounded to the dimmer wire. I did that at first and couldnt dim or brighten the cluster. Just gotta find the ground wire in the stock harness.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

It got to be a silly fuse. I don't think both headlights would gave up simultaneously plus the cigarrte lighter light and other interior lights going bad is a clear indication that your fuse is gone. Almost 100% accurate prediccion..
Old Sep 12, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

that is defenitely a fuse, I did the same thing, I cant remember which fuse but I know for sure that it is a blown fuse
Old Sep 12, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your passenger tail light isn't working and your cluster isn't as bright as usual, it's a fuse. Look under the hood for a 7.5amp fuse. Blew mine 2 weeks ago and I had the same problem you described.