Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Alarm system?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm system?

i was looking through some of these threads, and i saw the one on the intakes, that gave u good info on which intake is best and bah bah bah .. well i thought, why not have one on car alarms? so if anyone has any good alarm systems you should really tell us, and it would be great if u did a how-to, too. also, i have a question with these alarm systems, theres these systems with the remote starter, but can you do this to ur car if u have a manual? i was looking at cc, and all their remote starter said, only for auto trans. only .. thanks
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Viper all the way!
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jchangsta2six
theres these systems with the remote starter, but can you do this to ur car if u have a manual? i was looking at cc, and all their remote starter said, only for auto trans. only .. thanks
You can put a remote start on a manual but most shops won't do it because of the danger of your car being in gear and you car moving forward... you could kill someone like that or drive your car off into a ditch. It's not the smartest thing to do.

Fox
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Conmpustar makes some of the most reliable, and versatile starter/alarms in the industry. I have a compustar 2-wa pager, alarm remote starter in my lancer, and I had one in my last car which was a 5 speed civic.

Starters can be put on manual cars, but it works best when the starter, such as the compustar, is made for the task. such starters have a sequence that the car must go through to be alowed to start the car, usually the parking brake must be set, the car must be put in neutral, and then your foot can come off of the footbrake.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

How much did that Compustar run you? I've heard elswhere they are top-notch as well, but all I hear when it comes to pricing is they're "up there".
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

I *had* viper and had all sorts of freaky experiences. Like blowing fuses all the time etc. Probably more of the installers fault than the alarms.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

i have the viper 2 way, not the lcd, the step down from that, its pretty nice, no problems either.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

i have crimerstopper alarm/remote start 2-way on my manual, no problems after about a year, plus its got a "carbon fiber" remote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 03:33 AM
Evolving Member

I have a Viper alarm. Every day though someone drives through the neighborhood and sets it off with their stereo or something.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerMMC
I have a Viper alarm. Every day though someone drives through the neighborhood and sets it off with their stereo or something.
for some reason my alarm is only triggered when the door is opened. Man ill shake my car, bouce on it, wiggle the door handle, nothing, no beep no siren nothing. then i unlock it and open the door, there it goes. i adjusted the shock sensor it must be bad or something.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Is an alarm really worth it? I got one for free but gave it to my girlfriend for christmas lol, I believe it was a Phoenix 2 or something. When an alarm goes off, no one calls the police or anything, everyone just gets pissed off. Should I have kept mine?
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

1.) I had a Clifford Matrix 2.5 the 2 way pager. Loved it. The car it is on is in the shop for 9 months ( long story). Don't know any other brand so if there was a Clifford that sparked your interest I would say go for it.

2.) In my opinion an alarm is worth it. It helps deter most thefts and it helps give me a piece of mind that the money and equipment I put into my car will be there when I come back to it every time!
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slmdnk9
for some reason my alarm is only triggered when the door is opened. Man ill shake my car, bouce on it, wiggle the door handle, nothing, no beep no siren nothing. then i unlock it and open the door, there it goes. i adjusted the shock sensor it must be bad or something.

installed wrong polarity door trigger........... go back to who ever installed it.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Well I think it's a ****ing Dodge Neon that is setting it off. I can't help but think it's intentional. As soon as I heard it go off I opened my window and saw it move really close to my car then speed up. As if he veers up close to make sure the noise will be loud enough to set it off. I need to find out how to set the sensitivity of my alarm so noise won't set it off.