Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Amp mouted on rear seat!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp mouted on rear seat!

Hey guys. Finally got my amp mounted on my rear seat. Its a wide am, so it crosses both seats and fits in the cubby hole in the trunk. The mounts that the amp came with wouldn't hold so I had to make me some custom mounting brackets. Please let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Amp mouted on rear seat!-amp.jpg  
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

that is one hell of a big amp. hope u dont use your fold downs much
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

it looks nice, too bad you lose the ability to fold down one seat. didn't want to make a custom amp rack?
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

SWEET! How do you like the Power Acoustik stuff? I've always been a big fan, and used it on a lot of installs. Can't beat it for the price I say.

Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I was too lazy and decided to not make a custom amp-rack. This works out well for me .. and I don't drop the rear seats ever, so thats not an issue. Enough bass without dropping the rear seat. :d Even went the route of getting custom metal backing installed inside the carpet in back of the seat so that I could mount the amp to it. Had to make custom little brackets to mount it to.

I've been really happy with the Power Acoustik stuff. My HU and speakers are all apline (component system and subs), the amp and cap are Power Acoustik. I don't know what the 'industry' thinks of Power Acoustik but the components were less expensive and fit into my budget well. Couldn't beat the price at all! It fits well and sounds excellent! Actually, I think it sounds AWESOME! Whether I'm bumping some gantsa rap or some Jimi Hendrix .. it sounds awesome.

Only issue is that my trunk doesn't latch down as solid as I think it could .. with deep bass, the trunk rattles a bit, but if i hold it down with my hand, it doesn't rattle, very solid bumps. Anyone know a way around that?
Old Mar 14, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Sound deadening is about all you can do. Totally forgot to ask you to turn your system on last weekend, but I'll get a chance to hear it next weekend.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

i think ya did a good Job

Last edited by Rallywiz03; Mar 14, 2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

nice job!!!!
Old Mar 14, 2003, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by digdat
Only issue is that my trunk doesn't latch down as solid as I think it could .. with deep bass, the trunk rattles a bit, but if i hold it down with my hand, it doesn't rattle, very solid bumps. Anyone know a way around that?
dynamat, dynamat, dynamat.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know if Dynamat will stop that damn metal brace (?) that crosses the inside of the trunk from vibrating. I've got a couple boxes of Dynamat Xtreme in my closet... maybe I'll do my trunk over SB.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Damn. Everytime I look at that install, I like it more...

For all of you that want to try Power Acoutik, go for it. I've done entire systems (minus the HU) using their stuff. Great quality for the price.

http://www.bestofcaraudio.com Buy it direct.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

A guy I work with pointed me to:

http://www.cascadeaudio.com

They produce stuff similar to dynomat .. and he's got it in his truck, says it kicks ***. Will look into some sort of dampening material.. Thanks guys.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

I used a cascade trunk kit and it works well, awesome if you take price into account. I had dynamat in my last car and it costs a fortune, smells and just didnt get it done. Be careful with the stuff that comes in the cascade kit, I cut the **** out of my hands installing it cuz of the thick aluminum foil on the back.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Power Acoustik reminds me of the Pawn Shop, maybe they have cleaned up over the years but I have always put them right there with Boss and Legacy, Pawn Shop All Stars.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 01:56 PM

I dont know about the quality of Power Acoustik but as a friendly warning you may wanna watch the temp of the amp...since its mounted vertically its not gonna dissipate heat as efficiently as if the heat sinks were facing up...also, since the rear seats arent 100% sturdy (there's a lil play in them) you might wanna be careful of the vibrations damaging the amplifier...again, I don't know the quality of construction for that brand, but just wanted you to know just in case...

Quick Reply: Amp mouted on rear seat!