Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Help! Path of 4 gauge wire from batt to trunk

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its only 12:00 here.. im about 20 minuets away from drilling some holes in my firewall.. wish me luck ill take pics if its not a monstrousity.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

On driverside next to fender under the hood you will see a little shelf about 6inches down on the firewall i drilled there right above the welds. if you see this wait 20 more minutes and i will post a pic....
Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

I try not to swiss cheese my firewall when possible
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Destroyer101
here is were i ran my wire.
sorry for huge pics

if you run the wire threw where i ran it, you will feel it poking threw by where the passenger's feet would be, its 4 awg.

my subs

like my carpet job

how are you powering those two subs. are they any good? i want to get 2 of them like u but i dont know wht to power them with. so wht do you think about them. hows the bass? i mainly listen to rap and some rock. ive only read reviews in crutchfield and they ceem really good to other ppl how about you? thnks for ur oppinion

-edward
Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

The subs he is running are awesome. I have an Alpine Type-R 12" in a sealed box running the Alpine MRD-M605 amp (which, when wired correctly, will push 660 watts RMS to the single). It is a perfect match and sounds awesome with just about anything you will ever put on your stereo.

As far as the wiring path goes, I actually ran mine from the battery, into the driver's side fender, trhough the rubber boot where all the other wires come through, and then right under the driver's side sill plates. There are actually wires holders built in to the factory harness that I clipped into and didn't have to use any zip ties or anything. Worked great, and then I ran it up the inside of the quarter panel (behind the side of the rear seat) and under the package tray. There is a little hole at the back side of it that will be hard to get the wires through, but it does make for a very clean install. I will post some pics as soon as I make my fiberglass boxes and get everything installed the way I want it.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by AndrewMMueller
but how the HELL am i supposed to get that wire to the trunk... there is no possible path i can see right now and i swear to god if i have to go another week without my system.. i will cry. running this in my Pontiac was no problem 2000 watts of pure sex...
2000 watts of pure sex... and your going to provide power with a single 4awg wire... your running a boss or jensen amp right? My xtant a6001 takes one 4awg for 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms... that doesn't leave much for the a4004 or a2002. You need to have the same issue I have... finding where to run 0awg wire to the trunk...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied
As far as the wiring path goes, I actually ran mine from the battery, into the driver's side fender, trhough the rubber boot where all the other wires come through, and then right under the driver's side sill plates. There are actually wires holders built in to the factory harness that I clipped into and didn't have to use any zip ties or anything. Worked great, and then I ran it up the inside of the quarter panel (behind the side of the rear seat) and under the package tray.
I pretty much did the identical to this method awhile back and it looks real clean. i recommend this way if you are looking to have it routed without ever having to worry about it again.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:51 PM

ran my 0awg today, pulled the inner fender and it was a piece of cake... run right into the car and under the drivers side plastic to the back, then under the rear seats to the trunk... straight shot to the rear...
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

I ran my 4 gauge power cable from the battery, across the engine bay zipped to the underside of my strut brace, through the gromet on the passenger side just below the shock tower and back into the cabin through the big gromet which is pretty far up in the dash. I then ran it down through the kick panel and then into the actual frame of the car where it runs back far enough to pop out just behind the front passenger seats rear support crossmember.

My soundstream reference 500s sub amp is mounted under the front passengers seat and all wiring is hidden under the carpet up till the point just before they plug into the amp.

The amp powers two boston acoustics pro series 12's in a sealed enclosure in the trunk. I made the box myself and its nothing fancy since i want to be able to quickly remove it when i track the car.

As i type this, the entire trunk is stripped bare because UPS delivered 100sq ft of FatMat which is an awesome lightweight sound deadening material. It is far less expensive as dynamat extreme and from the testing i've done with it on some metal sheeting, IMO its just as good as Dynamat but is only a fraction of its price. The whole lower portion of the trunk is finished except for the fenders. I'll be finishing that up tomorrow and then getting to work on the rear deck, all four doors, kick panels, and foot wells. For $99.00 i got enough FatMat to cover pretty much the entire vehicle.

Some pics during my messy install of the amp and subs.

edit: i'm also running a clarion pro audio deck and a hard wired ipod setup.