Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Help! Path of 4 gauge wire from batt to trunk

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Path of 4 gauge wire from batt to trunk

Alright, looking at alot of other peoples installs here i can tell your not exactly usin alot of juice.. 10 and 8 gauge wire along the side channles mostly, and on older modles...

Situation:

05 Lancer ES
No side wireing channels
Or at least none deep enough to house a 4 gauge wire...
Getting through the firewall, no problem.. big drill bit... titanium grommets done.

but how the HELL am i supposed to get that wire to the trunk... there is no possible path i can see right now and i swear to god if i have to go another week without my system.. i will cry. running this in my Pontiac was no problem 2000 watts of pure sex...

anyone.. please.. help.. suggestions...

(also if you know of a possible tube channel that can run under the car up in the chassis ide love that cause idealy ide like to be running 0/1 gauge wire.

Last edited by AndrewMMueller; Feb 25, 2006 at 04:34 PM. Reason: More detail needed
Old Feb 25, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

thats easy! you just run it along your kick panel from there, and wedge it behind the left rear passenger bucket seat.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joberk3
thats easy! you just run it along your kick panel from there, and wedge it behind the left rear passenger bucket seat.
the 05 lancer has no channel in the kick panel... the only channel it has is being used by the wiring already in the car and is JUST big enough for it... you try and fit 4 gauge in a spot where 12 gauge would be a tight squeeze... thx anyways
Old Feb 25, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't know the o5's had no space under the door panels but anyways. my friends truck also had no space or "channels" either so what i ended up doing was pulling back the carpet a little and then running the wire under there. Shows a little bump but with 4 gauge wire, it should be no biggie since its only like what less than a half of an inch thinck...well good luck and what ever you end up doing, do not resort to running the wire underneath your car. It will rot because of weathering and break. Good luck
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

thx.. well i ran it under a car for an install for a friend using light aluminum 3/4ths inch piping home depot ****.. it was the only option... works fine and you dont even see it.. it was just a total pain in the a$$ to do.. and i dont wanna do it again.. not for all the evo8'ts in japan.. well maybe for all of em....
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

i have 05 Es and ran 4guage under kick plates..then under back seet and u dont see anything
i will put up pics of my install later tonight.
I just installed a new system.
Specs
Diamond Audio D5 1200.1
1200Watts to 1 sub
Diamond Audio D6 12" Subwoofer
in custom made Super box
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

Question

thx.... i mean from what im getting out of other forums.. bits and peices mostly is some sh|t about the fender.. and theres no way im doing though.. ill try my hand at the glove box...

and from there everyones saying kickplate.. ill check again on the passenger side.. but i dont remember seeing a deep enough channel for 4 gauge.. also..

any known good grounding point in the trunk? or is its a drill and mount.. stinger grounding point or some business like that.

ALSO.. does anyone know the spec output on the 05 ES alternator]

FOR DSS64BIT....

its good to finally see a fellow 05 es'er not to common on here.. have you found any good parts that match our cars? in specific, SRI, replacement gauge face, shift knob replacement, ebrake replacement, suspension.. or is it all just 04+ and hope for the best on the 05?
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by AndrewMMueller
its good to finally see a fellow 05 es'er not to common on here.. have you found any good parts that match our cars? in specific, SRI, replacement gauge face, shift knob replacement, ebrake replacement, suspension.. or is it all just 04+ and hope for the best on the 05?

The SRI you can get from RoadRaceMotorsports.com (it's kinda expensive, but the Carbon Fiber looks nice) It fits just fine on my '06 ES. Suspension can also be found at RRM, but most of the other stuff i haven't looked into. Good luck finding what you need
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

sorry been busy....
I originaly bought the SRI from Weapon R but it sucked in my opinion...so i am saving for the K&N SRI or RRM SRI intake...
And to the 4gauge install dont go the glove box side wait a week and i will have detail pictures for you..unless u have already done it if so good job...
Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:56 PM

You can run it there i found a grommet by the passenger side. Its a big rubber tube, and has a wire going through it. I put my 4awg in it and ran it along hte kick panel, and under the side the plastic panel on the side by the door lol. Anyways I had to take my seats out to run it to the trunk but no biggie. Ill take pics tommorow
Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AndrewMMueller
All the 04 parts will fit. Just make sure it is for a 2.0 4g94, and non-Mivec. Some transmission parts from the Evo fit too, i.e. kartboy bushings, lancershop.com evo short shifter, shift knobs, etc. All the interior pieces are about the same on all models, just different colors.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys.. i mean... i currently have 8 gauge wire running through the fender.. to the back using that grommet up right above the wheel well.. and let me tell you.. that was a ***** of an install.. i think i broke the grommet.. popped it out.. but oh well.. water dosnt get in there anyways.. and ill sillicone it up when i take out the 8 gauge... just made the purchase for all the 4 gauge stuff just before posting this.. so... hopefully you guys can get some good in depth pics... cause i went hunting for good spots.. and i cant find any.... i found this huge tear away circle just behind the break lever... to the left of it a bit... but i dont know where on the firewall that bad boy leads and ide wrather not puncture something vital... thanks guys
Old Mar 9, 2006, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sykou
what i ended up doing was pulling back the carpet a little and then running the wire under there. Shows a little bump but with 4 gauge wire, it should be no biggie since its only like what less than a half of an inch thinck.
be careful when you have wires running under the carpet that are NOT protected and held in place (i.e. the channels by the door). i am no wiring guru but i do know that many times when its really wet outside and somebody jumps in the back seat....that water will soak through......ALSO, if your car has "high traffic" in and out of the vehicle on the side where the wires are tucked under the carpet....plan on the wires getting heavily warn..that can turn into a fire hazard.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 06:39 PM

here is were i ran my wire.
sorry for huge pics

if you run the wire threw where i ran it, you will feel it poking threw by where the passenger's feet would be, its 4 awg.

my subs

like my carpet job

Last edited by Destroyer101; Mar 9, 2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

So what the hell did you drill through.. looks like you just pretty much bored through something important.

Quick Reply: Help! Path of 4 gauge wire from batt to trunk