Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

remote start wont lock

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remote start wont lock

i purchased a python 881xp alarm/remote start system a while ago, and recently it seems it not working right. i pusth the unlock, it beeps diarms and unlocks the car. i push the remote start, it starts the car but sometimes when i turn the key to on and start to move the car doesnt want to lock(it auto locks when u shift into gear) and i push the lock button and it arms the car, but the doors wont lock. i have to unlock lock unlock lock and so on til it locks itself. anyone got any ideas y it is doin this and how i can fix it?

thx much
lunchb0x
Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

test the negative doorlock output on the alarm and make sure it is properly connected
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

any other suggestions before i take apart the underside of the dashboard to get to my wiring harness?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

you should be able to take the doorlock wire and tap it to ground and it will lock if it does then you know it is something in th ebrain or wiring
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

k, i'll try it in the mornin, its to dark out right now here in florida
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it is not something with the brain I can guarantee that...

I dont see what the problem is...you say that it unlocks and locks fine when the car is not on, and when the key is not in the on position...Great this is how it should work.

When you put the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position, the doors with only unlock when you push the foot brake, not until then. Once you have the key in the on position and the remote start is disabled by pressing the foot brake, the locks will not work from the keypad. It will arm if you hold the lock/arm button. This is called "drive while armed".

This feature will arm the system so that if someone opens the door while the key is still in the ignition and the car is running, then the alarm will go off, and once the key is removed and the car is shut off, the started kill will be enabled and you will have to disarm/unlock the car in order for it to start again...

hope this helps..
Old Feb 27, 2006, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

kmcconn9- what i'm saying is that with the car off, and the doors shut, i cant push the arm button and have the car lock for me. i press it and it arms but wont lock the car, i have to ''fiddle w/ it'' to get it to work. the car also has the feature to lock the car once i start moving. such as i start the car, put it in gear and let go of the brake, the car auto locks the doors, and when the key is taken out the doors unlock. it wont even do that sometimes. so i'm just a little confused as to why, recently, its starting to do that