Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Radio reception problem

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio reception problem

I was wondering if someone would be able to help. I have a 2003 Lancer ES. Everything was fine with my radio until one day I went into a store, came out and my radio could only get one station and poorly at that. I checked the connectors to the radio and I've checked the fuses. Everything seemed fine. The antenna doesn't seem damaged in any way. I have a stock radio and stock antenna. Only thing I can think of is that I had had a tv and dvd player installed and the place that did the installation spliced some wires to add an fm modulator. My car was broken into and the tv and dvd player were stolen. My radio worked fine for about a year afterwards though. Unless some wires came undone or the modulator got fried, I have no idea what's wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the theft; but yeah, check and re-check all the wiring. It'll be something real simple like a wire pulled out or something.