Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

What amp....?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2006, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I ment by pushing it, I ment if I was to buy it and I ran 600w constantly every time I'm in the car lIt's not going to overload it by trying to pull more watts then it's supposed to.

Bene you actually were to have that amp rated and it was 650w.

Alright I think I got it... tell me if I'm wrong. The amp is basically 2 2-channel amps put together in one. Every channel is 100w @ 2Ohms and when you bridge them it makes 200w. Then you x3 as a general rule because the ratings are crap and you get ~600w.

Since I wouldn't be using the other 2 channels couldn't I later on just get another sub and have two subs running at 600w?

Last edited by aquaman; Aug 4, 2006 at 07:39 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

you can run 600 watts non stop and itl run fine, you cant overdue an amp

yes i did have it rated at 650 each

and yeah you got it right

but after u get an L7 you will not want another one, if anything you will want to loose bass from headaches... use the other 2 channels for your speakers to make them really loud so the bass doesnt drown it out
Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:23 PM

If you had a choice between the Kicker KX600.1 and the MTX tc4004 amp which would it be? The price is about the same ..ish so don't worry about the price, I'm not worried about it.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE

Installed the subs this weekend with a buddies help. I can see why a nice install cost a grip. That ish is labor intensive. Decied to say F my budget and picked up a Kicker ZX1000.0 amp. That things is pushing the crap out of those 10's. Definitely pleased. Now I gotta blow these crappy subs so I can justify buying a set of Kicker Comps or Type R's Thanks for everyones help. It was much appeciated.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:49 PM

Nice! how long did it take you guys to wire everything up?

Edit: Dude, sorry I kinda took over your thread . I had a crap load of questions that I didn't even knew I had.

Last edited by aquaman; Aug 14, 2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aquaman
Nice! how long did it take you guys to wire everything up?

Edit: Dude, sorry I kinda took over your thread . I had a crap load of questions that I didn't even knew I had.
No big deal man. It took me and my buddy about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to do all the wiring. That includes pulling the drivers seat, center console, front of the dash, carpet etc. It wasn't that hard, just labor intensive as hell. It was worth it though. Just be sure not to lose any of the fasteners that hold the trim pieces in place. I did and the piece that I lost them for has a nasty vibration in it now. Good luck.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

yeah those plastic clips dont like us at all

i hope its cooler where you are, i rewired mine in 96 degree sunlight... i gave my car a nice wash by the time i was finished
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Those clips are defintely the suckage. It was around 90 degrees when I did my wiring. It definitely sucked, lol. It was around 100 when I put my HU in about 3 weeks ago. Gotta love the summer and the lack of a garage.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

yes, i would loveeeeeee a garage.
ill wash my car and 2 days later its dirty agian... love it
Old Aug 20, 2006, 04:08 PM

Alright lets see if I can stay on topic... . I want to power one 12" kicker L7 but not sure what amp to do that by. Bene I know you suggested the MTX TC4004 but I not going to use that other channels because the the speakers are already at their max with this new HU and I don't plan on replacing them .

I was thinking of this kenwoodand was wondering if it is any good? Its 850w @ 2ohms but I just won't crank the volume/bass to much to ruin the sub. I might even just run it at 4 ohms (500w) to see how that is and if I want more then I'll run it at 2 ohms. Is there any other good amps that are in that price/power range that I may be missing? Ohh one more thing, I want to mount the amp under the passenger seat so the amp needs to be able to stay cool and be small enough to fit underneath it.

Also what is the verdict on capacitors? Do they cure that light dimming effect? Should I need one? I've read people say that they work and others that say they are a waste of money.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 03:30 PM

Bump for ?^^^
Old Aug 21, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

ill look at amps, and if you have aftermarket speakers how can they be at max?

capacitors dont do anything only thing that will cure lights is a battery
Old Aug 21, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

that amp is good for the price, but im not a big kenwood fan... whats your price limit?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by bene
... and if you have aftermarket speakers how can they be at max?
That's the thing I don't have aftermarket speakers only stock and I don't feel like getting new ones (even tho I probably will sooner or later). When I bring the volume up (max) everything starts to crackle and sound bad so they are at their max.

Capacitors dont do anything only thing that will cure lights is a battery.
Alright so battery . Now why do so many people have them? For show ? I thought the battery would be the weak link though as in most electronics.

that amp is good for the price, but im not a big kenwood fan... whats your price limit?
It is a good price but also probably refurbished even though sonicelectronix doesn't say it is . Why not a kenwood fan? I've read some good reviews on it, un-like that TC 4004, where I can barely find any. My price limit for an amp is around $150-$250...$300 max. It's for maybe an early X-mas gift so cheaper would be nice but if a good amp takes $$ then ohh well.

BeerFest!!
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, no many people do reviews on class AB amps cuz nobody ever buys amps for their speakers... they just want the boom amps :P

capacitor is like a lil battery, holds a charge for say 5-10 seconds... when amp demands alot of power it gives it to it instead of getting it from the battery... however as soon as it gives it, it demands the same thing back so bascially all it does is delay it for .01 of a second

Quick Reply: What amp....?