Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Just need a few concerns addressed...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2006, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just need a few concerns addressed...

Okay, I'm in the process of adding a subwoofer/amp setup to my gf's car with the factory HU.

I've searched through several threads and stickies here on wiring diagrams. Can anyone confirm/deny that these diagrams work for 04+ Lancer ES? I have two here...

BUT I notice that these aren't the same, which one should I be using? I know that the original diagram ( the smaller one) that has been posted has also a few posts about the colors not matching on some cars, is this because of different wiring used in the newer Lancers?

Basically, I need to know which wire to tap for the remote wire, I know the factory HU's technically don't have one but if I tap into the ignition wire will the amp turn on/off with the ignition? Or if I use the cigarette lighter, which wire is it? (I don't have a voltimeter btw)

Also, I will be using a line input converter and I would like to splice into the rear speakers. Are the wires located in the bundle by the trunk light? I couldn't see any wires coming directly from the speakers in the rear deck.

I've got the power wire ran (wow that was a pain), I've got the ground ran, and also the remote wire, now I just need to know which wire to hook the remote wire to (colorwise) and where the speaker wires are for the rear deck speakers (and which color is what).

I apologize for another thread on wiring, I noticed alot during my search but I still had a few concerned that I needed to be addressed.

Last edited by IonNinja; Aug 4, 2006 at 06:31 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 06:28 AM

1st wiring diagram
Attached Thumbnails Just need a few concerns addressed...-hu_harness.gif  
Old Aug 4, 2006, 06:29 AM

2nd diagram
Attached Thumbnails Just need a few concerns addressed...-2.gif  
Old Aug 4, 2006, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
ISe a Line output converter that will also generate the remote lead. Otherwise you need to connect it to ignition. Tap in at the rear speakers so there is less low level signal running through the car.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:47 PM

I am aware of that...you missed the questions though.

Which diagram shows the correct ignition wire

And where are the speaker wire for the rear speakers located?
Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

if you wanted to tap the 12v cigarette lighter you could do that easy as pie--i did it to hard-wire my radar detector to my car. i don't remember which of those wires was POS and which was NEG though... i did that job a few weeks ago.

i am fairly certain that the POS on the cigarette lighter is the center post, and the NEG was the outer sleeve. it would still be worth checking with a cheap voltmeter to make sure you don't fry your amp.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:28 PM

well I guess I'll just go out there and try my best...