Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Tunner Problems

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner Problems

Hi guys, i have a ar-870. For some reason, im unable to tune any radio station, the radio just seek but doesnt tune. I checked the antenna conection on the back of the HU, an was plugged... Can anyone help me with any idea of what can be happening?

P.D. Do anyone knows if the antenna hole in the back side of the roof is a filled hole, i mean, what if water goes into that hole

Tx guys, please help me.

Last edited by ritocs; Sep 11, 2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: misspell
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:58 PM

Sounds to me like you are missing your antenna. You shouldn't have any holes in the car at all. The antenna is centered on the roof just above the backglass. you should have something resembling a shark fin with a wire comming out of it. The way our antennas attach is there is one screw that holds the antenna to the shark like fin. When I get home tonight I'll see if I have a pic of my antenna to post up here for you.

edit: P.S. I dont know if it is a filled hole
Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Try to trace your antenna wire from the stereo all the way to the antenna itself. From my experiences with other cars at work, there may be a joint somewhere that could have come loose. Also, it is possible that you have a bad connection at the plug. You could take it to a stereo shop and most will be able to put on a new end.

If it comes right down to it, you can either remove the antenna (best idea) or drop the headliner and see if the connection at the antenna base is loose or worn.

Worst case scenario, you should be able to order a replacement antenna from a shop (not OEM) for about $20 and then put it on without too much trouble.

Hopefully it is just a bad connection that is easy to get to.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Huh, a brand new car with an electrical problem... Did the radio tune in fine on the stock HU?
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:24 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas, what happened was some kind of weird, just before i was going to the stereo shop, i reset the unit, and voilá... i lost all my text inputs for the stations, but is working fine since then. Just weird things... By the way, my stock HU was a sony unit (wich su...s). Thanks for your time guys, sorry about that.