Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

pls! Help a audio newbie

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, true but i dont like having the tweeter in the lower door because your legs block alot of the sound, u think he should just buy some tweets and put them uptop somewhere?

your not gonna get good crisp highs from just a HU anyway but you will notice a difference

but of course im sure my expectations are completely different :P

Last edited by bene; Nov 3, 2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

I do agree about the annoyance of legs blocking the tweeters. I have had to tell many of my front seat passengers to stop moving their feet or legs because of the inconsitent sound. That's why I got components and mounted my tweeters high in the doors.

Location of the tweeter, however, is not as important for the crispness as it is the imaging. In most cars, the best location for good imaging in your front sound-stage is actually the kick panel. The reason for this placement is your speakers are the closest you will get them to being equal distance from your ears without having to make some crazy, custom mounting setup.

As far as the crispness is concerned, a metallic tweeter (titanium, aluminum, etc...) will give sharper, crisper highs. Soft tweeters (silk) will give clear highs as well, but they are going to be more subdued. Either setup is a hell of a lot better than factory speakers though.

Short of going components or adding extra tweeters, a 4-way or 3-way will give the best highs you should expect to get. The addition of super tweeters is what gives them a bit of an edge over standard coaxial (2-ways).

On a tight budget, a multi-axial speaker is a good setup that you can get fairly cheap; thus, lending itself perfectly to his application.

Last edited by Never Satisfied; Nov 4, 2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

kicker
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

I'll pass on Kicker. Give me MB Quart.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

i know, it aint the best best but they my favorite
Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:56 AM

I would like to mount a tweeters on the pillar but the thing is I'm only leasing this car and will be back to factory look when the time comes. It'll be hard to return this car when there's a hole in the pillar. As for having tweeters on my lower side.....I don't think I wouldn't mind because I'm always alone in my car and when I have passengers they are not that picky when it comes to sound.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Well, if you want to put tweeters in the A-pillar and still be able to get rid of the car at the end of your lease with out much trouble, get a set that have the tweeter opening in them and swap it out. When you are done, just swap it back.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:02 PM

i would go with pioneer, good and cheeap something of the d series i love them!