Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

anyone have this porb with kenwood head unit?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2003, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone have this porb with kenwood head unit?

the guy that installed it said that cause it flips down, to get it flush it wouldn't open and for it to flip open it would have to stick out like this... anyone have this problem?
Attached Thumbnails anyone have this porb with kenwood head unit?-100_0021.jpg  
Old May 18, 2003, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

another angle
Attached Thumbnails anyone have this porb with kenwood head unit?-100_0020.jpg  
Old May 18, 2003, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

i have the same "problem" with my pioneer 8400 HU. that's just the way its going to fit. i'm sure with some modifications you could make it fit, but the only other thing you could really do is through the trim ring on.
Old May 18, 2003, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

but the ring wont stay on it.. it kinda lays there...
Old May 18, 2003, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

i have the same head unit. i superglued it on like a year ago and it has never fallen off. check out my profile. it looks fine
Old May 18, 2003, 11:08 PM

I have the same problem with my eclipse 5442. The installer that will be working on my kickpanels said when he does them he will flush mount the headunit and make a custom trim ring. So i think you should be able to have the same thing done to yours.
Old May 18, 2003, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Re: anyone have this porb with kenwood head unit?

Originally posted by Recon
the guy that installed it said that cause it flips down, to get it flush it wouldn't open and for it to flip open it would have to stick out like this... anyone have this problem?
that's bull****! I had that h/u first (before the upgrades
mine sat about 98% flush all it is is two small metal parts sticking out of the inside on the den. chop those then drill in a screw to hold it back there and rock on!
Its cake!
Old May 19, 2003, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

either way man.. you cant leave it like that.. even if you have to buy a different one...
Old May 19, 2003, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

1 Q what did u pay for it? cause you can get another Kenwood thats better that will sit 100% flush for a lil more... check the 519 from 2002.
Old May 19, 2003, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

i payed 207 with taxes and like 100 to install i thought i got ripped too, but it was late and i just wanted the f-ing thing in by then after waiting all day
Old May 19, 2003, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

**** man did you get it installed where you got it?
if so take that **** back, get your money back and tell em not to put your old raido back in. Then go get a new model kenwood that sits flush Ex: 519,919... and that will fit perfect without any trouble.
Old May 19, 2003, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

yea i bought and got it installed in the same place and it was at HI-FI buys. they are usellly pretty good about this stuff but i odnt know what the hell was goin on there yesterday. i have been there lots of times and know the ppl there well. and i got a new HU cause my subs used to quit if the volume got too loud with my stock unit and even now it still does that. what causing my subs to quit when the volume gets too loud?
Old May 19, 2003, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Recon
what causing my subs to quit when the volume gets too loud?
Do you have a cap? What kind of power are you running into how many subs? If there's no cap (which I think I would definitely do for any multiple-sub installation), then your amp is probably peaking and losing power and cutting out until your alternator can recover from the power drain. I'm guessing you also would have lots of lights dimming in the car with the sub hits.
-N
Old May 19, 2003, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

damn u are smart yea my lights dim a lot... how much do caps cost and what is a good kind. no one could tell me why it cut out but they told me to cap it to keep it from causeing the lights to dim but it makes since that it didnt have the power to hit...
Old May 19, 2003, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

As far as I know, one cap is as good as another, so long as they actually store the capacitance (in Farads) they claim. Personally, I don't have much expierience with them because I don't run high-power applications. If you post what power requirements you have and what you're powering, I'm sure someone with some more experience will come along and give a good cap suggestion.
-N

Quick Reply: anyone have this porb with kenwood head unit?