Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Help ??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help ??

I have just purchased this drive and play mp3 adapter for my stock head unit, well I have got it wired up the way it says,(its very simple) all i needed to do was unplug the antena wire and plug this unit into its place, then the antena wire goes into the drive and play. Well I have this done and I have now pluged my ipod into the other end well it does not work I have tried ever channel Am and Fm I need some help has anyone else used one of these units before ??

Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Are you 100% Sure its meant for your STOCK HEADUNIT?? Hmm.. send me the link of where you bought it so i can check it out. or just post on forums.. It almost looks like aux output but its looking a lil sketch but keep me updated thx
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

24-Hour Product Review Today's Special Value Item On Air Watch QVC TV Live Program Guide QVC on Demand

Product Detail

Item Number E173612
Harman Kardon DPFMT1US MP3 Drive & Play FM Transmitter Adapter

QVC Price $14.96
Shipping and Handling $4.47
Save! Buy two or more and save on S & H.
Click here for S & H details.
Easily connect your Harman Kardon Drive and Play using this FM transmitter adapter. For use with car stereos without audio input jacks, it offers a direct connection to your radio antenna. The device is designed to play on a pre-selected set of stations, so no adjustments to your radio are needed.

Measures 2-5/8" x 6" x 1-1/4".

UL listed. 1-year LMW.

Made in China.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/m...cm_ite=E173612

Well... wherever you bought it, its going to be the same thing... Hmm theyre must be something wrong in the way you hooked it up... nothing personal but if its not working, turn the car on, drive it around for a little ( mainly i dont know why... i guess to relax.. haha) scan through the channels and make sure ur ipod is on and playing with volume!!
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

yes its for a stock head unit i got it at best buy and here is the web site for it

driveandplay.com
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

ha yeah i have given it some time i played with it for over a hour but i have no problem with instal i have a problem getting it to work, it never listed a radio station, and i have scaned for it
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

I think your problem is.. all you have is the radio transmitter... dont you need the entire thing..? imo... go buy a deck with AUX in the back.... like pioneer's have them, then an AUX 6ft cable for 3 bux... but thats off topic.... but, from looking at the site, it seems they have... ALOOTTT MORE THAN THAT haha... no offense, i think you need more stuff... the harmon sites being dumb for me now, after i started looking @ it
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, sorry about the last post, it was sorta "skettchhyy" I think this is what you need.... lol

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...30660804302498

which you would be better off buying a new deck with AUX in the back! like i said

i think that may be ur issue.. i could be wrong
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

Alright yeah, sorry about so many posts, but all that fm transmitter does is strengthen the http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...30660804302498

that kit..

Wired FM Transmitter - Only for use with Harman Kardon Drive+Play Improves overall sound quality of Harmon Kardon Drive+Play iPod system by providing a stronger transmission of the signal to your CARS sound system.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i am starting to wonder if i needed all the other stuff they sell to, but i checked with the best buy install guys and they told me that is all i need to get my ipod working with my stock unit, they told me they install alot of them and i got the last one they had in stock for this week, ?? so are they lying to me? i hope not
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Ah, my friend works at best buy, and i'm they're almost 24/7 playing GH2 and checking out audio stuff. The guys near me for the most part know what theyre talking about... But yeah they may be wrong on this, and it may be a new item to the crew they're or something.... but its just for a stronger reception I THINK.. Just return it... best buy is great with returning open items, well for me atleast they were. Good luck, just buy a new HU, hahah im like a broken record probaly
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

ok i got it now i have been reading that and i see that this is only a accesery for those other item ah i was excited for a min when i found this cheap thing haha well i guess i am taking this one back and haveing a talk with best buy

Yeah a new head unit is most likely my new road now haha
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

Ah alright m8, good to help you out, sorry too hear your story... just go for a FM transmiter, sometimes can make a bad reception, but if your lookin to spend 20-40 bux, thats what ya want
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

well i thought this unit would have a clear singnal since it is going straight to the head unit from my ipod haha i knew this was to good to be true