Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2008 Lancer Audio

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2007, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Lancer Audio

I wanted to get a thread started on the Audio side of things for the Lancer. I didn't get the Rockford Fosgate system, but I have a GTS with the 6 speaker system and I'm wanting to upgrade. Any ideas from anyone and what does anyone know about what is pre-wired??? I heard there is some pre-wiring throughout the car and in the trunk for the Fosgate sub.......can these be used for other upgrades??????
Old Jun 10, 2007, 07:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have a whole forum for audio threads! Moving this there...
Old Jun 11, 2007, 05:41 AM

Thanks for moving this to the right place, I'm new to the forum and new to the world of Lancer's. This forum looks great and looks like there is alot of support for the Lancer's, looking forward to having my new 2008 GTS for a long time. So if anyone out there has done anything yet, please post some pics, give me some ideas, do you know what the stock speaker size is, have you tapped into the wiring in the trunk of the 08's that appears to be for the Rockford sub, etc. Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Stock speaker size is 6.5 dual cone.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 01:05 PM

Have you done a swap out yet on the stock speakers? is there alot involved with taking off the panels?
Old Jun 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope I never have to. I got the S&S, so I'm loving the RF system. Although a matching sub for the passenger side would be nice...
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:50 AM

Anyone out there done anything with their audio that doesn't have the RF sound system???? I have a GTS with the 6 speaker set up and I'm looking to upgrade. I may have a new GTS before long though. Basically the detail guy messed up the paint the first time I had the car done after 3days of having it. So it has a ton of swirls in the paint now after them trying to buff it and get them out. I have the general manager involved to see about getting another vehicle......I mean, a 2008 and having it repainted????? I dont think so.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roctght
Have you done a swap out yet on the stock speakers? is there alot involved with taking off the panels?
I will be soon. I'm not really a RF fan. I don't like the clarity of their mids and highs. Its too muddy.

I have had the panels off and they are super easy.

1. Remove the tweeter pod. Just pull out on it and leave it hanging.
2. There are 3 screws that need to be removed.
A. Small screw behind small panel in the door open handle creaves.
B. Screw behind hinged panel where the door close hanle is.
C. Caped screw on the very end about 1/3 way down.
3. Grap near where the tweeter is located and gently start pulling, working your way down towards the speaker and around.
4. Then unglug all the window/lock/mirror controls.
5. Undo the clips that hold the lock/door open cables.

Thats it. You're done. Seriously takes about 5 minutes.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:29 AM

Sweet, I'll be looking into it as soon as I get the car back......or should I say the new one, dealership agreed to swap me out and give me a different color since they screwed my paint up. Anybody have any suggestions on what speaker brand, or any info on the wiring in the trunk that is just sitting there for the RF sub basically if you dont have the RF system?????
Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

I personally love Cadence or RE Audio for the everyday consumer.

About the RF sub wiring, the wiring might be there but I don't think the amp is, so splicing or tapping into the wiring would be useless.

Let me know through PM if you want some prices.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

First, congrats on getting them to swap cars with you. As for audio equipment, I highly recommend Elemental Designs. It's a company in Iowa that builds all of their own components, subs and amps. They sell everything for very decent prices and have a 5 year warranty, which is pretty amazing for any car audio or electronics. I've been doing car audio for 18 years and have used pretty much every brand under the sun. I can honestly say that, for the money, I've never been as impressed as I am with the Elemental stuff I'm running right now. I have their 6500 component set up front and two 7kv2s (6 1/2" subs) in the rear deck. I still have some finishing up to do on the install, as well as some tuning, but I already love how clean, full and accurate this setup is. I know this sounds like an ad for ED, but I just can't say enough about them. Check their website when you get a chance... edesignaudio.com. If you need additional info about their stuff, call them and try to speak to Chris, Alex or Ben (the owner). All are very cool guys. Gook luck with your upgrade.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 05:10 AM

hey black, thanks for the info, I'll have to check the website out......let me ask you, did you have to modify much when you did your install and how good of a bass response are you getting right now without a sub at this point?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Since I have an older Lancer, I really can't say what would have to be modded on an '08. But I don't know how to do an install without modding the hell out of something. That being said, I wouldn't think you would have to do much more than make some baffles to mount the 6 1/2" components to (in the doors) and find a location for the tweeters. Neither of which are a big deal at all. About my "not having a sub"...oh, don't be fooled...the 7kv2s are vicious little subs. Since I'm into SQ not SPL, I'm not setting this system up to shake the Earth, but they definitely get the job done. I'd say I'm hitting 30 - 40hz solid. And they will shake the mirror when you want them to. But the cool thing about them is, a bass guitar sounds like a bass guitar and a kick drum sounds like a kick drum. Here's a link to the beginnings of my current build. Please keep in mind that I have a long way to go... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=266830

BTW, where in Ohio do you live?

Last edited by black03oz; Jun 14, 2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:19 AM

cool, I'm going to have to check it out, there speakers and design look really good so far from what I read. I'm in Hilliard,OH , part of Columbus basically. And now I found out I'm getting a White GTS that they had demoed to a testing company???? I guess to measure the car, try the handling, try the equipment, the agreement was to only 200miles.....but the salesman/neighbor said they dont ever put that much on. But they can't find another GTS in the area, they have tried to swap out with other dealerships and its a no go. But this one comes back on Saturday and they will discount it since it was demoed, but I'm kinda worried if they ran it hard or something......but the thing is loaded, navi, rockford system, etc.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

A white GTS would be sweet! If it still has extremely low miles on it and is cosmetically perfect, I wouldn't sweat it too much. If anyone did run it hard and caused any potential issues, you'd must likely know about it soon...and that's what the warranty is for.

Funny, until about a year and a half ago, I lived off of Roberts Rd in Hilliard. I'm in Grove City now. If you plan on ordering stuff (Elemental Designs or otherwise) soon and would like to demo mine, we can arrange that. I just wish my install was complete.

Quick Reply: 2008 Lancer Audio