Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Security System

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Security System

Im looking to put a security system in my OZ but I only want the best money can buy. Right now I hear the best is made by Audiovox and comes with a little sensor that works up to like 1/4 mile away and lets you know whats going on with the car at all times. Installed its like 600 dollars!

Are there any better models out there that will protect my car?
If there isnt are there any ways to get a deal on the system itself?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

everywhere I went recomended the Compustar 2 way paging system, but was out of my budget. I bought the Predator 3901, which is basically the same thing as you described. 2 way pager, and a load of other featers, I recomend it. I know exactly how you're feeling cause its the same way I felt when I bought my car. I didn't want anyone touching it, and if they did I wanted to know about it. Make sure you get all the extras though, cause they're as important as the alarm itself, such as hood pin, trunk pin, starter kill, LED indicators, etc, etc.

Theres also a predator 4901 which is the same alarm as the 3901, but with a starter as well.

Installed, with 4 LEDs (2 in front pillars, 2 in side markers) my alarm cost $500 (canadian) so Im' sure you could probobly get it cheaper if you're in the states.

Buying alarms is just like buying stereos man, if you know how to work the guys then you can get a hell of a deal. I don't think there's as much mark up on alarms as there is on stereos, but you can still get a good deal. Make sure instalation is included though, thats where they can definatly make their money back.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:48 PM

is the 2 way pager for the alarm silent only??? cause i could probably sleep right through it. and do you know how far the distance is on them?
Old Jun 26, 2003, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

no its very noisey. i tested it for about 3 seconds because the siren is freakin loud too. I think the range is about 1 kilometer, so I guess 1/2 mile or so.