Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

ide the wiring

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2003, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ide the wiring

Does anyone know where to hide the wire from the radar detector to the cigarette lighter. Can I run the wire through the vent in the front of the windshield? Right now it is just running down over the vents and the radio.
Old Jun 29, 2003, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard wire it. Then you'll still have your lighter open for other things. Just go to the local radio shack... or wherever you can get electronic parts, and find an end that will fit your radar detector. Then grab a small, 2 conductor wire. Attach the end to the wire, and run the wire somewhere near the fusebox. Now comes the tricky part. Either find an open fuse, or tap into one (or get a piggyback) for the power, and find a spot for ground (just about anyplace that is metal, and attached to the major parts of the car will work) You could even run the wire to the back of the cig lighter and tap the wires there if you wanted.

About hiding the wires... well, good luck. I haven't had the dash completely apart yet, but I'm sure you'll find something.