Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Question: 2008 Lancer DS unavailable freatures

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question: 2008 Lancer DS unavailable freatures

Sup, new to the forum and I've been reading for a few days, but I haven't found what I was looking for yet.

So the standard models apparently came wired up. But just a few things are missing for ex: subwoofer, amplifier, SIRIUS, etc....

Some of the wires were discovered and others were not ( from what i've read ). Subwoofer- 4-pin harness was found in the back behind a small opening to your immediate left when you open the trunk.

SIRIUS harness was found behind the glove box neatly tucked in on the right side.

Amplifier??? Supposed to be under the drivers seat but I found no wires?

Tweeters - self explanitory, open up the casings where the tweeters should be. Plug-n-Play enough said.

MP3 - ???

Also, our lancers have the fuse for all-wheel drive capabilities. Any mechanics in here know if it'll be possible in the future to modify our cars for AWD?

Thx guys
Old Sep 1, 2007, 06:57 PM

I might be wrong, but i think that the amp is under the sub box....but like i said i might be wrong....the mp3 on the es is under the air controls....it is a red and white audio plugs like a xbox has....and u have to buy a wire from mitsu or a place like radio shack to connect ur mp3 to the car....ive seen the mitsu wire that costs 50 plus tax...but i have heard that radio shack has it for under 20...

hope that helps you...ill look into the other stuff to c if i can find some more info...
Old Sep 2, 2007, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

The 50 dollar wire from Mitsubishi is one that plugs into the back of your radio, not into the Aux. jacks. I know, I went through all this trouble.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 07:54 AM

oh...i didnt know that...
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:29 PM

yes, on the DE, you have to get the cable from Mitsu, and they told me it was a $40 install. I was told that they used some new fancy hi-speed bus for it on the back.